S13 sr20det swap/ s14 brakes all round

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Claaacy, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Claaacy

Claaacy Member

I'm currently doing the sr20 swap in my s13 all well so far but I'm stuck on the wiring, I have found a guide as such online but nothing really enough detail to follow. Can anyone send links etc or tips and tricks on what to do.

Also I've put the s14 4 pot calipers on the front and I'm looking at using the s14 rear caliper aswell ( as it's bigger so I assume better stopping power ), this does include the 5 lug swap aswell. So while doing this I've notice the s13 handbrake shoes don't fit within the s14 disc, now I know I'll need to change that with the s14 handbrake cables etc but will the 300zx z32 dics fit straight on and use the standard s13 handbrake shoes and setup ??

2. [jay]

[jay] Member

Z32 rear brakes will work with S13 handbrake setup, that's what I'm currently running.

3. Claaacy

Claaacy Member

Are you using the s13 caliper aswell ? I would like to use the s14 but that means using the s14 rear nuckle, if that's the case would the s13 handbrake set up fit onto the s14 rear nuckle?

4. [jay]

[jay] Member

I've got Z32 calipers front and back, not sure on the difference in disc/caliper size but I doubt S14 caliper with Z32 rear disc would be too far off.
    Pretty sure I just swapped the bearing/hub over to 5 stud and put the new discs and calipers on with my current handbrake setup, not 100% sure as it was a while ago now.

5. Claaacy

Claaacy Member

Okay bud I'll look into it see if they compatible if not guess I'll have to upgrade to Z32 all round haha