Has anyone skidded the BMW e92 335i N54

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by chin, Jul 2, 2018.

1. chin

chin Member

Hi Guys,

So I'm trying to find out if anyone had any experience of skidding the e92 335i yet and if so what was it like. I've seen loads of info about the N54 being the next JZ but nothing really about people really skidding them. I've heard that they might run a quite a hot engine (might be ballocks) so not sure if they'd manage 5 minute sessions.

I know you can make crazy power, but most people doing this seem to be in the US and there not really tracking them from what I can see.

Can anything be done to modify the steering or its it jumping to Wisefab the only option?

Also as a standard car how does it handle? Is it a good base to start from or do you need to jump straight to modifying them? I know they work when modified but interested to know what they are like without throwing loads of cash at them.

Cheers,
    C

2. mad.matt

mad.matt Well-Known Member

Is that not what Mark Gemmel has in his 350z?

3. chin

chin Member

I'm interested in what the stock setups like. Marks is a single turbo with standalone and he never drifted the N54 stock.

4. mad.matt

mad.matt Well-Known Member

Ah right, gotcha :)

Is this for plan AZZ (following MS Excel Column naming standards ;) )

5. RozeTheHornet

RozeTheHornet Active Member

@Bolf is the man you need to talk to :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bolf

Bolf Resident Nut Job.

Yes , E90 LCI 335i here.

31563980_1679335122162223_6886175719135641600_o.

Running FBO on mine pretty much , 18psi , FMIC upgrade , intake upgrade , charge pipe upgrade , catch can , oil cooler mods , welded diff , subframe bush inserts , hydraulic handbrake , aftermarket steering wheel , no lock mods , decat , exhaust mods , MHD 2+ remap set to cooler settings . Monopro HSD coilovers , adjustable top mounts.

Doesn't get hot , even from drifting all day. (did 30+ tyres in a day recently with ambient of 27-32°C all day and drove home 1h20m) , MHD has a setting for cooler running (runs the water pump harder at lower temps) , oil temps get to around 120° but thats acceptable , i have a 7 inch fan on the OEM cooler for when sat in queue and i have the stat bypassed so the cooler is in all the time at full flow (not a daily driver)

The car is quick and has great mechanical grip , but when running low it does toe on squat a little bit. Butt dyno feels about 370-390hp and fuck loads of torque , estimate 420lbft easy

Could do with a touch more lock , but its manageable in my opinion , wonder if lock washers would work like on e46

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Bolf

Bolf Resident Nut Job.

Little thread hijack...........................

Thinking about selling mine now , if anyone's reading this and interested pm me , my personal finances have changed (lone mortgage) , so I need to adult a little bit and get a cheaper drift car.

Looking for about £9k , which is the going rate for a stock one at the minute , 68k miles , 58 plate

Was faultless at rockingham last sunday and can be tested no problem.

8. chin

chin Member

Hi Bolf,

Cheers for the info. Good luck with the sale.

Cheers,
    C

9. Viesturs

Viesturs New Member

Hello, I now it is old posts, but maybe someone has some updates about mod for both body and engine for E90/E92 with N54 engine
    I am currently building one for drift, till now I have

AFe stage 2 intake upgrade , charge pipe upgrade , catch can , oil cooler mods , welded diff, hydraulic handbrake , sport steering wheel with angle, decat , stainless exhaust pipes 100mm , KW coilovers (adjustable hardness), poly set, aftermarket brake discs

in process is to make additional oil cooler set up with additional cooler and/or fan with switch.~ Different power steering wheel fluid cooling set up, change ignition coils (from Audi). customized intercooler.
    was thinking about about JB4 to put in but decided to go with MHD, as Bolf mentioned for customises adjustment like water cooling.
    also fuel pump I think will be changed when reached 400+hp.

Also what to do some mod for body upgrade, like spacer for rims, fender flares, from bumper lip etc.,

Does anyone has does something and can she with his mods?