Are RX7 parts available in England?

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Dreg, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Dreg

Dreg New Member

I am planning on soon buying an RX7 FD as a project car. I would like to learn rotaries and just love the way the FD looks and sounds. I’m not at all rich so don’t have the money to be constantly importing parts of course. Things like mods and extras such as turbos, wheels and body kits etc yes I will get from manufacturers that may be over seas but my questions is, are the general maintainence parts for an RX7 readily available in England and for a reasonable price. Of course this is meaning mainly engine parts like the OMP, spark plugs, injectors and that kinda stuff like the things that may need replacing or slightly upgrading just so that I can run the car on whatever mods I choose.

2. woods1

woods1 Active Member

so instead of looking on eBay or any internet page to find parts, you joined driftworks and asked a question if you can buy spark plugs or you need to import them hahaha. Good thing school holidays are over and these posts will drop off.

3. Dreg

Dreg New Member

Dude I have checked eBay and things and have seen parts I just wanted a second opinion before I spend my money. I asked a simple question so theres no need to be a total dick, if you dont like what im asking then say nothing and f**k off to another thread.

4. KillboSlaggins

KillboSlaggins Active Member

You're probably better off on a Mazda/Rotary orientated forum to be fair

5. Dreg

Dreg New Member

Yh I have asked in some, just wanted to make sure before I bought one to then find out that all the parts are crazy expensive and that my car sits there just to get dusty.

6. [jay]

[jay] Member

All that stuff is generic so can be bought anywhere, from what I've read you'll be needing a lot of them as rotaries need servicing regularly. I hope you have a second car or you're gonna be spending a lot of money on petrol and oil, whilst never doing any short drives.

What's the OMP?

7. KevlarRx7

KevlarRx7 Member

Omp is the oil metering pump.

8. Dreg

Dreg New Member

Yh I have a dily driver, the RX7 will just be a project that I want to show after its all done. Thanks man.

9. KevlarRx7

KevlarRx7 Member

And there's plenty of places to get parts from, I'd recommend Essex rotary.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dirk Jan

Dirk Jan Member

If you don't know where to buy spark plugs a project car might not be for you mate.