Drift matsuri - Are non pros welcome?

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by woods1, Sep 18, 2018.

1. woods1

woods1 Active Member

Drift matsuri tickets are out tomorrow and after going to watch for 2 years I want to go and drive, however -

Although there are some mega serious pro guys there, is this a place for just normal type of drifter like me in a non caged car?

I remember last year there was quite a few mx5s and a stock volvo 940 there that were having fun, it just seems like it's a super serious day and I'm not sure if it's a day that I'd be not welcome at without having 1 million bhp or 50k invested in the car. Just bit intimidating seeing Phil Morrison there last year doing 5th gear drifts, or all the idc lads doing monster manjis on the long straights?

2. Bu11et

Bu11et Well-Known Member

Open track, anybody can go, you won't be frowned upon dude just let the Marshalls know and they won't send a train out behind you lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. jon07043278

jon07043278 Well-Known Member

Just go and have fun. You'll find most of the bigger power cars on the west track? (fast track with banked corner) so you could focus on the other two.

Not sure what you mean about tickets being on sale tomorrow though?

4. jay-young

jay-young Active Member

Good luck getting driver tickets.

Me and a few lads are booked as spectators - my first year so I am keen.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ikeaaxel

Ikeaaxel Member

As long as you can drive within your means and not spin on every corner you will be fine.

The pro guys have no interest in trying to get on your door and the tracks are all very long so there's plenty of space for everyone to share.

The backwards entry/practice track is also great fun to practice on.

If your lucky enough to get a ticket you'll have a great time

• Like Like x 1
  6. woods1

woods1 Active Member

Tickets go on sale today for drift matsuri (anglesey) I'm guna try book on soon as they go on sale.

Cheers for the replys, like its been said, the Marshalls will know not to send me out in a massive train and il keep off the layouts with the big straights.

7. GethinD

GethinD [][][][][][][][][][]

Matsuri tickets are not on sale tonight.

Tonight is the reveal as to what date and time the tickets will become available.

Tickets for Matsuri have notoriously sold out within a few minutes of going live do they make a big deal about it.

8. woods1

woods1 Active Member

Yep fucked up my dates, 10th of October ticket release haha. Today was the day they released info, so now the prices are up on the Web site. Doh!