Nissan 240 Builds with American market 2JZ's, A couple of questions...

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by HollywoodJackson, Sep 19, 2018.

1. HollywoodJackson

HollywoodJackson New Member

Greetings everybody.

I'm looking to swap 2JZ's from is300 at the local Pick-A-Part. One of the 240's is a hatch, the other a convertible. What I want to accomplish, is to build two 240's with 2JZ engines with as much HP as they can produce on stock internals. I also want short throw shifting.

Will the 2JZ engine fit easily into the Nissan 240 chassis, or will I have to make custom engine mounts?

Some of the suspension parts are shot on the 240's. Can I get front suspension parts from a Infiniti G or a 300Z-370Z?

What clutch. gearbox, and shaft, will link up and fit properly with the Nissan/Infiniti diff?

Any info will be greatly appreciated!

All the best,
    ~HollywoodJackson~

#1 HollywoodJackson, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  2. Jay1017

Jay1017 Member

Seriously dude?

The 2JZ wasn't built to fit into an S13, so of course it'll need custom engine mounts.

No you can't get suspension parts from those cars, get them from an S13, plenty of them around online.

3. HollywoodJackson

H*ll yeah I'm serious, dude. LMAO. I just found the mounts to put a 2KJZ into a 240. I know they have to be custom. I was basically asking if an aftermarket manufacturer provided them already. The reason I was asking about suspension parts, is because I know for a fact the diff from 350Z/370Z, G35/G37 fits in the 240. I have a 350Z diff swapped in my F50 Q45. If I can get the front end suspension parts off a say G35, and put them in the 240's, would be dope.

Thanks for the reply.

All the best,
    ~HollywoodJackson~

4. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

Drivetrain bits can be interchangeable due to design similarities but suspension is alot more variable as it's often unique to the vehicle model. There's a few bits and pieces you can swap from vehicles of that era; S14s, R32 Skylines and Z32 300zx but later stuff is much less likely to simply fit.

5. Panadole.cad.dk

Panadole.cad.dk New Member

how much will it coast to build an s14/s15/honda s2000/skyline r32/rx7 with a 2jz in canada i need an aproximative price plzz need help

6. RozeTheHornet

RozeTheHornet Active Member

Very vague question, depends on the cost of your starting car, engine build spec, driveline spec etc, are you doing the work yourself, are others doing it for you bla bla bla. No one can give you a rough price. Best thing to do is google the parts you need, price these all up in a spreadsheet, work out labour costs, etc. Once you get a number of how much you think it will cost, double that number and it might be somewhere close to that.

7. r3k1355

Can almost guarantee that it will be cheaper to buy one already finished than it will to attempt it yourself.

So if you can find one or an example that sold recently you can get a rough cost.

8. Panadole.cad.dk

but the problem is that the drifting is too strong for the engins if u buy an old drift car you will have too much problemes i have bad expiriences on that (sorry for my english i am from tunisia and ill move to canada next year and i saw that there is a good drift scene there ) i prefer to buy an engin and prepare it for myself

9. Panadole.cad.dk

what is your car ??

10. RozeTheHornet

Currently I have some shitty BMW's :thumbs:.

11. Panadole.cad.dk

cool man if i found an e46 m3 s54b32 with the price of 4000$ i'll buy it . if i buy a car in the usa can i bring it to canada??????

12. RozeTheHornet

13. Panadole.cad.dk

14. r3k1355

Surely out there you want something like a Foxbody Mustang?
    Cheap, plentiful and there's thousands of aftermarket parts available for em.

15. HollywoodJackson

Thanks for the reply! I want to keep this build as cheap as possible. We have a bunch of Pick-A-Part junkyards out here that I can scavenge parts from. I should be able to find what I need from 240's or an occasional 300Z etc.

All the best,
    ~HollywoodJackson~