Registering an import (V55/5)

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by davie-s, May 22, 2018.

1. davie-s

davie-s Member

A1B69491-6DB8-4338-9A6A-05C9AEEBD241. Hi Guys,
    Need a bit of advise on this. I know there have been lots of threads on here on subject of importing etc and numerous debates. I now have my car and I’m extremely happy with it and process so that side is sorted.

I have the form and the guidance notes, but I’m sure I have read before that you actually need to need to fill in very little on form due to it being a car that was sold in uk etc

Car is a 180sx 94, I have the NOVA, I have the Japanese export docs and know I will need an MOT. It’s ready for this and I’m arranging it ASAP.

Just wondering if any one can give me any practical , real world advice on filling it out, lots of sections saying use certificate of conformity or IVA obviously I have neither of these?

Surely loads on here have been through the process and help a guy out?? An idiots guide? Talk me through it etc

Anyone who has been through the process help me out? I just want it on road ASAP to take advantage of our summer before it disappears again!!!

Pic above to show why I want it on road ha

2. Jockanese

Jockanese New Member

I'm going through the process myself and luckily I've got a pal who's done it already. Because of the cars age it doesn't need an IVA inspection, so I've left them boxes blank on the form. With the type rating again it's the age of the car here aswell so he didn't fill one out. Yeah it needs mot'd and insured before you send of for the registration. Then there's fees £55 for registration and then your first six months tax. I'm not too sure how much that will cost. Hope this helps.

3. Bolf

Bolf Resident Nut Job.

Just fill out all you know , real basics , doesnt need cert of conformity at that age

4. davie-s

davie-s Member

Cheers guys had similar advise elsewhere just seemed daunting MOT this week then will get it sent off

5. davie-s

davie-s Member

Away with work and the missus has just sent me through pics of the V5 now to just get home and drive it:alschaser

6. Jay hawes

Jay hawes New Member

Could one of you possibly dm me about importing from Japan please? I need some advice I have a trust issue haha. Thanks in advanced

7. davie-s

davie-s Member

PM me mate if you like on what you need to know!!