Wanted Soarer auto gearbox bits

Thread in 'Parts for sale' started by Zedhex, Jan 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Zedhex

Zedhex Member

I am doing the unthinkable: I'm going to convert my old Soarer drift car back into road spec, which will mean swapping my R154 for an auto box. Why would I do this? Because I can't drive it anymore due to an injury to my left hand - I crashed a motorcycle, had surgery, physio, exercise, blah blah blah. I have finally come to the conclusion that it really ain't going to get better, so I either sell the car or convert it to auto. The problem is that when I installed my manual transmission, (like most people) I threw away all the bits for the auto. So I don't have the shift lever, the mechanism below it, the kick down cable, the oil cooling pipes, the prop shaft etc.

So here's the big ask: does anyone have any old Soarer auto gearbox bits left over from when they converted their cars? I'm particularly interested in a soarer V8 prop (this is because I'm using an auto box from an Aristo, and the original 1JZ prop doesn't fit onto it, but the V8 one does), the shift lever and mechanism, and the kick down cable.

2. 96odean1

96odean1 New Member

hello, is there a phone number i could reach you at? i believe we could make a deal

3. KillboSlaggins

KillboSlaggins Active Member

Sorry about your accident dude, sounds shite

Besides sentimentality is there any reason why you wouldn't sell your manual converted soarer and buy an auto? Surely you'll get a lot more for a manual so quids in for you?

4. Zedhex

Zedhex Member

I don't want to sell my Soarer because it's got far too much cash invested into it which I would never get back if I sold it. The full spec would take me a full page of A4 to get through. The intention is to use the box out of the turbo Aristo, and then set up a Suprastick with flappy paddles.

Right now I have most of the bits I need, but I still need the auto shift mechanism which goes into the center console - it's the bit where the shifter lever screws onto. Does anyone have one?

5. ReeceG

ReeceG New Member

I have sent you a PM

6. Zedhex

Zedhex Member

One more problem: when I converted to manual, I cut off the plugs from the end of the engine loom that connect to the auto box (yes, I am a dummy). So if there's anyone out there who's done a manual conversion - do you still have the loom and the plugs that connect to the auto box?

7. Zedhex

Zedhex Member

Still no luck on the wiring loom for the gearbox - does anyone have the complete engine loom?