BMW E36 1JZ-GTE HY35

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by RubberSlayer, Apr 2, 2018.

1. RubberSlayer

RubberSlayer New Member

It's so sad that winter in Canada last so long. It seems to take forever til I can go back to smoking tires with my lovely e36.. However, I forgot to tell you guys about what hapenned after installing the aem320 fuel pump. Well here it is!

Car would definately accelerate better and spool quicker, but I was literally rolling coal and the car didn't feel as strong as expected. I looked over the whole fuel system and even tought about a bad o2 sensor but nothing would explain a rich condition like so. After several hours of searching, I found out the knock sensor that's right under the intake wasn't plugged at all. I simply connected it and the jz would pull hard now and it did for all summer long.

I found out the wastegate only holds 8psi so the manual boost controller went back in and I set it to 12psi. Then engine runs very healthy and it pulls juste like it should. I've been uploading a few videos that my friend recorded on Youtube (wideopen jz36), feel free to have a look and leave a comment. Doing so is very appreciated, thank you if you did! I'll make sure to make a higher quality video this summer for you guys.

Next step is rear subframe refresh and coilovers. I'll be ordering these asap so I can finally test this beast on a track. A fresh set of wheels, cage and new paint is also on plan. I never drifted on a closed circuit in my life yet so that should be pretty interesting. I'm still very confident since I've been street drifting since I'm 16 and I know my steering wheel pretty well today.

Feel free to comment guys,
    Have a good day!

2. mihaicsv

mihaicsv Member

Hi, what coilpack are you using on 1j?

3. 2JvLo

2JvLo Member

Those are MSD Blaster SS coils.