BUYING FROM JAPWESTMOD CAUTION!!!!!

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Leslie tan, Jul 7, 2018.

1. LeanneD123

LeanneD123 New Member

Just to put my 2p in - Ordered items from them back in November, they still haven't arrived. Meant to arrive in February and he gave me a BS story that the items were delayed and would be here in March, March came and no sign. He gave me tracking info for a different ship that was still in Japan!

I told him I've been more than patient and want a refund, giving him a deadline to provide me with a refund before contacting PayPal/Bank. The time lapsed with no refund so I raised a dispute with the Bank. He's now blaming me telling me the reason he can't give me a refund because I raised a case with Paypal.

Yesterday, found the wheels and items I had ordered that I haven't had my money back for were up for sale on their website :eek:

You can't even make up the excuse after excuse I've had from them. He then has the cheek to tell me I'm fabricating lies for social media :smash:

Avoid using this company at all costs!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Fraser Mac

Fraser Mac Moderator
    Staff Member

I wish people would just use Streeter / RHJ / Nengun instead of random cowboys who are SLIGHTLY cheaper.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tris535

Tris535 New Member

This, and tbh streeter is silly cheap anyway for the service you get from him

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. mad.matt

mad.matt Well-Known Member

I don't even think he's cheaper tbh.

He was charging more for a pair of WMS1s in 15x8.5, rough condition, than what you can buy them from DW new.

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. Fraser Mac

Fraser Mac Moderator
    Staff Member

Just not one of the corners i would cut, given the amount of times people have been burnt by dodgy importers over the history of importing.

6. Leslie tan

Leslie tan Member

7. HectorPascal

HectorPascal New Member

I want to tell you about my import story through Japwestmods.
    I fully paid for a Nissan S15 in April 2020, with the car supposed to be collectable at their shop in Summer 2020.
    The car is still located in Japan by today. I set them several deadlines and one final for 1st of April this year, for me either getting a proof for the import of the car or getting a full refund.
    On 31st of March I got in contact again for a final call, but they said to delay it to 2nd of April, "to have a details on hand".
    However they did not call me as scheduled and I could not reach them with several calls over the day.
    Over the time of one year, this company is stalling me with excuses and even wrong information. I got a vessel information for a car, just to notice after arrival in UK, that it was not my car!
    Even by then, Japwestmods tried to tell me it would be and they are having problems getting it out of customs.
    By now the situation is so silly, that I started legal measures to get at least my money back after 1 year spending a lot of nerves on this.

Thanks for reading and avoiding this company for our own good.

8. Blitz.

Blitz. Member

That sounds actually insane.

Sounds like they are giving you the run around. I'd carefully inspect the car when it's delivered and make sure it's the one you paid for. Too many horror stories of bait and switches from shady importers.

9. HectorPascal

HectorPascal New Member

Just a quick Update from my side.
    Was told by JWM to be refunded. Have given them two weeks time for this, nothing happened. Lawyer sent final Deadline for 15th of May, which was yesterday. Nothing happened. In total JWM had minimum 6 weeks to arrange the refund. Will Take further legal steps from now on.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Japtorque

Japtorque Active Member

time to send the boys down with baseball bats and breaker bars .. see what he's saying then

11. Fraser Mac

Fraser Mac Moderator
    Staff Member

12. Blitz.

Blitz. Member

Sad to hear it's all gone tits up but I'm not surprised. You'll have to keep an eye out if this car turns up on their website - if it turns up at all.

Cant really give proper advice about what to do next. if you've got a legal representative just get regular recorded mail to "remind" them and if they keep dragging it out then you've got a paper trail of them ignoring you and you can start the next step in the process that'll mean they owe you what you're own now plus costs.

However I hear these guys really like to ride shit out to the last possible chance.

#72 Blitz., May 19, 2021
    Last edited: May 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Blitz.

Blitz. Member

Looks like some one else has become a victim. Shared on a UK JZX FB page and a few other places. Shocking if it's true, fake Nova forms, car with a dodgy MOT, missing parts, double dipping on fee's.

Pt1.PNG

pt2.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  14. HectorPascal

HectorPascal New Member

Update from my side: JWM did not contact me at all the last few weeks. No reaction to the deadline of my german lawyer.
    Over a week ago he got another refund deadline from a UK lawyer now for 29th of June.
    No reaction to this day, I am really looking forward to further legal steps :smash:

In total I paid 14 months ago and did not receive anything or any refund!

FYI, Zeknova UK is the same guy so I'd be careful on this newer business from Mr Zahir as well...

• Like Like x 2
  15. Leonl

Leonl Member

Any updates on your legal action vs them?

glad I read all this, I’ve debated using them plenty of times in the past

16. HectorPascal

HectorPascal New Member

Yes, JWM was sued, since he did not react to any deadlines.
    He also did not react to our charge.
    Since he did not defend himself, a default judgment was requested.
    Still waiting for the court to approve the request and decide the verdict.

Maybe next year I get my money back, for what I got nothing but stress!

17. Blitz.

Blitz. Member

Good to hear he's not challenged it, fingers crossed he doesn't drag it though the courts.

18. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

If you get a County Court Judgement against him it's worth paying a few quid extra and upgrading it to a High Court Writ.
    Gives much better powers to seize items and recover your money.

If he's not bothered to defend the case and a judgement has been issued you can sometimes get the money before they've got off their arse to do anything about it.

Dragging it through the courts doesn't work so well when bailiffs have already been in and cleaned his unit out.

• Like Like x 1
  19. DonnyDrift

DonnyDrift New Member

That's ridiculous

20. DonnyDrift

DonnyDrift New Member

That's ridiculous