Piss white s13

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Andrex, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Andrex

Andrex Member

Yeah man, was an awesome track. Should be heading there again soon!

2. Andrex

Andrex Member

Managed to gain enough courage to let my girlfriend have a go at attempting to drift. She done quite well! Manage to pick up donuts pretty quick but couldnt quite get the figure of 8 and the clutch kick.

Car held up to a beating in the play pen, but did get slightly hot. Water temp hit 120!! and power steering boiled over.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. MalcolmGT

MalcolmGT New Member

Any updates on this ?

4. Andrex

Andrex Member

An update on this has been long coming. Haven't really had the chance to keep a log.

Good news is the car is going strong and just about avoiding the scrap yard with the whole rust situation.

Managed to crack my set of Grenade wheels. Not sure exactly how I managed it but thats why I am now driving on stupidly odd wheels. I will have a matching set of wheels again one day, but its just not a priority.

Many pictures to follow!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm a welder by trade but by no means it makes me professional at repair work on rusty old nissans.

I do try to keep my best at keeping it from the scrap yard though. Still have a few more rusty patches that need attending too, but still waiting for a weekend free enough to be bothered to do it :)

The paint work on the car is in short terrible. I have so many different shades of white on it now. It looks okay from a far but from close up it aint winning any awards. Just dont see the point in a full respray as its only going to get a few more knocks and scratches.

Got some generic lifestyling shots showing off some jdm swag.....

[​IMG]

Got some raybrig headlights to replace to standard candles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Engine bay still looks a bit rugged but doesnt look too bad after a clean.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Car now has a Fabricage 6 point cage, has stiffened the whole body of the car up a fair bit!

Genuine Bride and genuine Takata. Bit expensive but I don't see why people should compromise on safety with fake stuff. I have the matching passenger seat, just not got round to buying a rail for it :)

So the car has had a few changes to it since drift days during this summer have been few and far between. But have managed to get down to Arena Essex a few times. Its great fun there!! And cheap too. Downside is being a road car, you need to spend ages cleaning it afterwards.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, in summary... Its still a generic nissan with the same old problems. My bank balance isn't any happier, but I can say its good fun to drive.

I have been fiddling with handling a little bit. It now has Driftworks arms front and rear, with s14 lower arms on the front and tein rods and ends for a little bit more lock, but car still doesn't have a great deal more than standard. I've now gone to running reasonbly good tyres up front and grippier alignment. For a car with a welded diff it grips pretty damn well. But this car basically drifts itself now. Its predictable and very easy to manage.

It still has a never ending list of plans I want to do with it. The main one is reliable power. It has more than enough power currently on the stage 1a chip. But I am considering remap with some 555cc injectors and a z32. So it may gain like another 10hp more, but the tuning hasn't been touched for a couple of years now, and it over fuels a little more than what it used to. So I think it deserves a bit of a refresh.

I have another DWYB day book for October so just gotta look forward to that now and see where it takes me!

5. Andrex

Andrex Member

One more hard parked picture or how it sits now...

[​IMG]

6. Leno

Leno Member

This things sick, too many cars looking like they're drifted to fuck without actually setting foot on a track.. nice to see one the complete oposite!

7. Andrex

Andrex Member

Cheers dude. Yeah I think I keep it reasonably tidy for how it is lol

Found this shot of my car on the Internet. With a better camera it does look a lot more dirtier and mismatched!

[​IMG]

8. Andrex

Andrex Member

Small update. Broke a tension arm under slight braking. Which resulted in a very interesting drive home.

[​IMG]

Was also feeling a bit creative helping out my friend. He is putting a 3.5l bmw 5 series engine in an e36. But required heavy modification to the sump.

[​IMG]

Had to end up making 2 sump plugs for it to be able to drain oil. The capacity shouldn't have changed that much but the next step is moving the oil pick up and make new baffle plates around it!

Hopefully all the cars should be ready for pod in couple of weeks!

9. Andrex

Andrex Member

Bit of a revival. Got some time to throw in some updates. Back in October managed to drag myself to another drift day at pod. Was meant to car share with my girlfriend to try and teach her a bit more. But Sod's law nothing went to plan. Started off good though...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Didn't manage to get a great deal of seat time in before the problems rose up.

Car started misfiring and overheating. Turned out the fan stopped working, spark plugs had melted, and it had detted quite badly.

So over winter I've taken the effort to ripping the engine out yet again. But instead of buying another second hand one figured chance to have a fresh engine.

My Pistons had seen better days, had a couple of holes so needed to replace them. There was a fair bit of det rash around the cylinder and scoring on the bores.

So machines up the head and the block and got it bored oversize. So now it'll be running some reasonable oversize Cp forged Pistons.

Replacing all the studs and bolts with new arp ones.

All the bearing shells have been measured up and new ones purchased. King race bearings.

Decided to get rid of the stage 1a Horsham chip and replace it with a nistune board.

So my aim for the next couple of weeks is to basically put it all back together and run it in and hopefully run the same power again but with a little bit more reliability I hope!!

I'll add in some more pictures as I go along!

10. Andrex

Andrex Member

That feeling when a ring on your piston pops out the spring compressor while popping Pistons into the block :(

[​IMG]

Now a long wait for a replacement set of rings for that piston from the states. No way am I Guna risk trying to bend t back and use it!

11. Andrex

Andrex Member

Found the last picture of it dying. Car survive a 2 and half hour drive home from pod with no fan,burning coolant and just basically fucked.

[​IMG]

12. essexcapri25

essexcapri25 Member

13. Andrex

Andrex Member

Been a little while since I've posted. But in that space of time the car has been put into the back of my mind. Bought a house so that takes priority. But the only positive is that it's now stored in the dry, so it can't dissolve any more.

Slowly starting to look at it again. It needed a new loom and am now thinking about stand alone ecu too. I've got the loom, so just needs a better ecu.

The car hasn't really been road worthy for the past 2 years at least.

20180517_155709.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Andrex

Andrex Member

I've now thrown some more money at the car again! With the intention of perhaps getting it back on the road this year. And its finally pulled out my garage.

Purchased an emerald standalone ECU with fly loom. So once that's all sorted its then time for another map. Still debating whether to change turbo and injectors for something a bit more punchy. But the car hasn't run in so long that I feel a bit guilty about slamming morr power through it lol.

IMG-20190603-WA0008.

IMG-20190516-WA0000.

15. dannys14a

dannys14a Member

Hey man ur last two pics . We’re they taken at a garage in basildon. Dropped my 14 off there last weekend and am sure I see this motor there ❤️

16. Andrex

Andrex Member

Yeah man that's the one! It's in a bit of sad state due to neglect lol.

17. Andrex

Andrex Member

20190402_222558.

Current state of my sad looking engine bay before the new fly loom goes in.