E46 ecu problems??

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by NaughtyNeil, Jul 4, 2019.

1. NaughtyNeil

NaughtyNeil New Member

Afternoon all, I’m having an issue with my 2001 330ci. I have an engine light on due the the vent valve but it has been replaced and the mil persists, and if I drive in the 1550-1650 rev range for and period of time longer then revving through, I get abs,dsc and handbrake lights on, if I don’t cycle the ignition it will go into limp home. Fuel consumption seems a lot worse then normal to.

I sent ecu to bba reman who told me they were unable to test it and the sister company they sent it to were also unable to test it, they couldn’t tell we if it was or wasn’t faulty.

Does anyone have any idea where my problem lays or can anyone recommend a good tester of bmw ecus?

Thanks in advance

2. NaughtyNeil

NaughtyNeil New Member

No one recommend a good ecu tester or specific bmw tester?

3. BreadBin

BreadBin Rough Tonguer

Have you had it on a proper fault scanner? What makes you think it's an ecu fault? Normally cam sensors, air leaks and mafs affect the running on these.

4. NaughtyNeil

NaughtyNeil New Member

Yeah I’ve had it on two different snap on machines a modus and solis I think, I get a code 68 for fuel tank vent valve and the abs related code is 130 CAN signal asc 1, but on the other snap on the abs code come back and CAN data error from DME.

I have replaced the vent valve with a genuine one as I had an eBay one previously which I did a function test on the modus and it did activate but I changed to genuine for piece of mind, I take elbows were replaced, maf, coolant temp sensor, alternator, oil separator and pipes, and I checked other vacuum hoses best I could when I did the engine mounts and solid flywheel conversion.

Sorry for the long read but that’s why I think it’s in the loom or ecu.