The s14 rebuild

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by danny_boi, Jul 10, 2013.

1. danny_boi

danny_boi novice

so the wings turned up

fitted them had some issues due to the wheels having such a negative offset

just have to make sure the bumper is fitted properly and then paint the wings.

also have my rear wheels fitted and personally I think they look awesome!!!

DSC_0447.JPG DSC_0448.JPG DSC_0450.JPG DSC_0456.JPG DSC_0455.JPG DSC_0461.JPG DSC_0449.JPG

DSC_0457.JPG

DSC_0458.JPG

DSC_0459.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  2. danny_boi

danny_boi novice

major update since I done the last one...

since then I have competed (although very poorly) at RDC/FDA (retro drift and forces drift).

all was going well until last year whilst at pod I managed to short the maf wiring and potentially fried the ECU, all was not good!!

managed to take the engine out as I was smelling fuel in the sump! took it to the place it was built and they conducted a leak down test which came out all good. That made me slightly happier but that meant I had a leaky injector and a dead ECU, I made the decision and went for a link and newer bigger injectors.

which comes onto this year, I attended RDC round 1 and it was going well until I crashed!

I had been doing the corner well all day and then suddenly I understeered, and headed straight for a tyre bale which I hit near head on, smashed my radiator, front wings, headlights, bonnet and front bumper.

the cause of the understeer from what I believe was the front knuckle breaking on a non existent weld.

which leaves me with where I am now, I knew the car wasn't at 100% any ways with a minor bit of welding that needed to be done and maybe some other parts that I wanted to change, which include a complete rewire.

here's the pics so far.

0+b3nzJQQsSIWR5qpXf7VQ.

IMG_0750.JPG

IMG_0673.JPG

fullsizeoutput_2e5.

mLiGuSSbQ6uzXVz0XClncA.

3. danny_boi

danny_boi novice

some more progress done on the bottom, its not was bad as I thought!!

car is now in a gazebo as the rear window had been smashed by the gardeners by accident and awaiting for a replacement.

the car will be getting stripped even more in the next few weeks, so cage and dash and all wiring will be removed.

IMG_1534.

IMG_1535.

IMG_1536.

IMG_1537.

IMG_1538.

IMG_1539.

IMG_1562.