Brake set up recommendations

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by shabby.fx, Jun 26, 2019.

1. shabby.fx

shabby.fx Member

Hi guys just wanted to know what people are running for brake set ups.
    I currently have z32 4 pots on 345mm discs.

Just want to know what you guys are running and what's readily available for changes in disc and pads.

Thanks

I'm still 4 stud but redilling isn't an issue lol

2. Pacco

Pacco New Member

4 studs, i assume it is an s13.

Depends the purpose of the car.
    If it is just a stock street car, no racing no nothing, stock brakes with new disc, new pads, maybe rebuilding callipers, and bleed the system, will work just fine.
    If you increased engine power, i would swap for s14 brakes, or evo brakes, or z32; also, don't forget to swap brake booster and master cylinder.

If your plan is time attack or grip trackdays, even in stock form, i would upgrade the brakes to bigger ones for heat dissipation, and fast braking before corners

However, if you plan to drift it, there are different opinions. It's up for debate.

On my s13 i will leave the brakes almost stock, even my car will have double the power from stock.
    The idea is like this: i don't need 350mm brakes on drift; usually you don't need to brake from 100mph, to 30 mph with a drift car. And also you want braking for a long time so the brakes will generate a lot of heat. The weight for me it is more important. Less weight on the wheel assembly will give you advantages on the whole car handling. I will rebuild front brakes, with new light good disc rotors, and pads, on the rear will do the same, but will make dual calliper setup, for quick and short braking in tandems. Take a look at formula drift cars, cars with 800 hp or more, and you will see, some of them still have stock brakes.

3. Zhiguli101

Zhiguli101 New Member

Went for a nice wee Wilwood setup on my CA powered Lada

83CC6CE4-1A92-46A6-B8FA-8D37BAA3CDD9.