My 350z Build/Drift progress thread...

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by richie_k83, Apr 5, 2019.

1. richie_k83

richie_k83 Well-Known Member

Cheers. Fronts are 18x9.5” ET12, rear is 18x10.5” ET12

2. Bu11et

Bu11et Well-Known Member

You might just need to get a heat sleeve for your clutch line from the slave to master, as they are close to the exhaust it might have boiled the fluid?

3. richie_k83

I was thinking this. Got some heat wrap i can use. Going to make a heat shield for The slave cylinder too

4. Bu11et

Bu11et Well-Known Member

I've had to do it on my S13 as the slave sits right next to the exhaust now I'm running a 350 box lol

5. Jimbaw

Jimbaw Member

I'm loving the car mate! I'm fitting a hydro to my 1jz swapped 350z and I cant wait to take it to the track.
    Did you say you just unplugged the abs to sort the burnout thing without disabling the rear lights?

Also, are you getting rid of your door cards? If they're facelift ones, I'm interested

6. richie_k83

Yea, sits real close lol. I think i'll wrap the exhaust as it comes down and past the cylinder/gearbox on both sides. Wrap the Clutch line too and see how we get on.

7. richie_k83

Cheers bud, I'm not bothering with a Hydro myself. Will be extending the stock handbrake and getting some Project MU Brake Shoes in there too at some point.

For the ABS/TRC, I unplugged the switch by the steering wheel and also the G Sensor that sits under the centre console by the gear stick.

Also there is a double fuse under the bonnet for the ABS. Cut the ABS part out and your good. Make sure you cut the right one, as the fuse is also for the start inhibitor, so cut the wrong one and it wont start.

All my rear lights still work. Dash was lit up like a Christmas tree with ABS and TRC lights. I opened the clocks up and covered the Bulbs so that's sorted now lol

Door Cards i am keeping dude. I'm running full interior up front for some degree of comfort. I only gutted the back for spare wheel room when drifting and a roll cage later down the line.

8. richie_k83

Managed to edit some footage of me on the Kidney, my only good few runs before I ran out of time for the day. Super happy I managed to link a few laps.

9. richie_k83

In other news, back on the ramps again.

my.

Gearbox has a noise that i should have sorted when i did the clutch, but drift day was looming and tickets were already booked...

Coming apart for an input bearing replacement, single mass flywheel and clutch line/slave cylinder heat proofing.

Additionally, the rear camber arms are coming off as the bolts are seized. May even get some adjustable arms too.

mt.

Cars eh? :rolleyes:

10. richie_k83

Box is off and stripped. Need to strip it down more to get the Input shaft bearing off.

g1.

Changing out the Dual Mass Flywheel for a Competition Clutch unit also. Not going to be out again until next year by the looks of it! :(

11. richie_k83

Been pretty uneventful lately, still stripping apart the box. As it's at work, I spend my half hour lunch break chipping away at it.
    However, its all apart and awaiting the bearings to land before rebuild,

gears.

In other news, I sold the Rays. Got pretty bored with them and have been swaying towards some split rims.
    Spoke to the good guys at JDM Distro and secured a pair of VSXX's.

vsxx.

These are for the front and are 18x10" ET21 (just need some Centre Caps and sticky tires now)

Rears i am picking up from a kind chap on here and are 18x10.5" ET13, which are spot on fitment like the Rays were. Cant wait :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. thyfartismurder

thyfartismurder Active Member

Best Wheels <3

13. richie_k83

knew you’d approve lol

Just got home with the first pair,

AE6464A8-CA2A-4397-AD39-D0F71E5C5FF9.

14. richie_k83

First Pair are on, looks great, but need to address the arch gap with some more lows, as these are running 225/40 Tyres, unlike the Rays, which had 265/40..

vsx.

15. richie_k83

More wheels, thanks to the guys at JDM Distro. Arrived much quicker than expected,

JDM.

Chucked on some Nankang NS2-R Rubber and got them on quick time...

JDM2.

Really happy with how its turned out. Need to work on the ride height a little, as she's running a bit of stretch, but cant really adjust it until the gearbox is back in.
    Centre Caps ordered up too, just need to drag it out of its hole for some better snaps.

75576407_10220045067627424_1901803938051522560_o.

#75 richie_k83, Nov 14, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Justimsane

Justimsane New Member

Love them <3
    Is it just me or do the rears need a bigger spacerplate?
    ;)

17. richie_k83

Its hard to say at the moment.

The rear is running some pretty aggressive Camber, which i am looking to dial out once i free off the seized arms.

It still needs to be lowered more too, but hoping to fine tune the spacing once all thats done :)

18. eurospec

eurospec Member

Looks good. I think you'll find it easier to drift on the top track at pod compared to playing around in the kidney, speed is always your friend. Car looks great on the Rays, where about's did you order them from?

19. richie_k83

I'll definitely be out on there next time :D

I've sold the Rays, I wanted splits, so they were sacrificed for these VSXX's lol. I did buy the Rays through where I work as we are the appointed EU dealer for them (Co-ordsport)

20. richie_k83

Gearbox is finally on the rebuild (after breaking a reverse gear hub ring)

box.

Also picked up a Cusco 6 point Roll cage as an early Chrimbo present :)

cage.

Plenty to be getting on with, 2020 I am hoping to be out on track as much as possible.​

• Like Like x 1