For Sale NEW 18x9.5j Volk Racing TE37 SL Rays Alloys Wheels R32 R33 R34 Skyline GTR Mitsubishi Evo 8 9 10 X

Thread in 'Wheels and Tyres for sale' started by v-specii, Oct 31, 2019.

1. v-specii

v-specii Member

Hey folks,

Brand new TE37 SL Alloy wheels.

Sizes: 18x9.5j +35

The rims are priced individually at £600 ish depending on spec with most reputable tuners... most of the time never stocked and always on back order from Japan which means you had to wait months till they got to the UK.

Price: £1650 which is a decent saving of a RRP.

I wouldn't mind doing a swap with some 18/19" Bronze CE28's or TE37's with cash your way, or a swap/cash with similar 5x114 lightweight Japanese Racing Rims etc i.e OEM R34 GTR Alloys.

Thanks for looking

Some info from the RAYS website:

A tuned lightweight model from the TE

Version SL is available with a unique color: Pressed Graphite. A maximum of 400 grams of weight loss was achieved with the latest technology with exclusive spoke and rim stickers.

Prefer buyer comes to collect in person, can do paypal if anybody wishes via friends or Bank transfer, if postage is required then it is £60.

Some pictures of similar set on R34 GTR and actual wheels right at the bottom.

s-l1600.

s-l1600.

#1 v-specii, Oct 31, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2019
  2. Fraser Mac

Fraser Mac Moderator
    Staff Member

Probably worth mentioning that the wheels you have dont have the same concave as the ones on the GTR and are flat faced from the looks of it.

Wouldn't want to be misleading. Here is what the 9.5 ET35 looks like from an actual angle;

Don't want anyone to get wheel catfished for £1650.

35027013174_4c641c86bd_b.

• Like Like x 3
  3. crazyae86

crazyae86 Well-Known Member

4. v-specii

v-specii Member

Hey Fraser, appreciate the effort in your reply. Thanks for that pic also! :)

I mentioned above a 'similar' set on a R34, with 'actual wheels' at the bottom. So I feel misleading and catfished are quite harsh within this context of Brand new wheels that are priced below the RRP. :)

I also beg to differ regarding concave'ness as these are what concave version look like..??

p1.

5. chrisyboi

chrisyboi Member

The wheels in the original post are 19’s on the blue R34 I’d imagine, hence the dish on them.

The pic of the concave wheels on he other r34 are 18’s and pretty wide.

You could just post pics of the actual wheels from different angles.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fraser Mac

Fraser Mac Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi mate, im not sure what you mean.

I can see your wheels are not concave and the wheels you have used for comparison are concave. Similar only in that they are both TE37 yet have different spoke design.

You keep posting different 19's and 18's but not your actual wheels.

I think catfished is the absolute best comparison in this case, If i went to pick up a mars bar and got a chocolate covered carrot id be annoyed.

Just post more photos of the wheels from some other angles so that no one gets confused i guess?

£1600 is a lot of money for most people when the desirable wheels are the concave ones, however your flat faced wheels are better for brake clearance.

Here are the 18" face types,

TE37SL-18.

19" face types

TE37SL-19.

Different lips and spoke shape, but all of this could be solved much quicker by more photos of the actual wheels for potential buyers so they dont buy wheels that are not the same as the ones you are selling :)

#6 Fraser Mac, Nov 4, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  7. gt4 wrc

gt4 wrc Member

I dont really want to get involved with the current discussion but I will give you my views as a potential buyer (and in layman's terms)

I like the pics in the first illustration - concaved and dished so was quite excited as i scrolled down but then i saw the actual wheels and they didnt look the same so I chose not to contact you.
    I am looking for either Te37 or CE28 for an R33 GTR - the first pic are spot on what i'd love.
    would recommend showing your wheels on a car which will provide a better example of what the wheels will look like and people can contact you accordingly.

all the best
    rgds

• Like Like x 1
  8. chrisyboi

chrisyboi Member

He is selling them on eBay with the same images of the blue GTR and then the one pic of the actual wheels face on. The op knows what he is doing as he only has to look at his wheels to know they’re not the same and the ones on the GTR.

9. Fraser Mac

Fraser Mac Moderator
    Staff Member

MATE,

Your first 4 photos on the ebay ad are of not your wheels, on not your car.

If you aren't trying to scam someone, you are going out of your way to make it look like you are trying to scam someone.

Such a shady thing to do. just take more photos of your actual wheels.

"Returns: No returns accepted"

So what are you going to do when the wheels in the pictures dont match what turns up?

10. mk2glenn

mk2glenn Member

Those are 18s. The pictures in the original post are of 19s, easy to tell by the way the spokes narrow out at the end.

What you have are flat face 18s. Cool wheels yes but they aren't the same as any of the pictures you posted of wheels on cars.

11. chrisyboi

chrisyboi Member

How come on eBay you’re not using the “GTR_007” account that you’re selling everything else on to?

12. v-specii

v-specii Member

Sherlock have you seriously got nothing better to do with your time.

Yep you guys got me I'm a HUGE scammer. What can I say. :wack:

13. v-specii

v-specii Member

Already said what I wanted to say clearly not good enough now every Tom Steve & Harry want to jump on their bandwagons with their speculations.

Fraser I can't edit the pics so if you can do the honours so all those whinging and moaning can put a sock in it. x

14. chrisyboi

chrisyboi Member

valid question tho, that you haven’t answered. You are selling loads of wheels and bits on one eBay account, but choose to sell these off another?

No one has called you a scammer, just a catfish. Using pics of a more desirable wheel to sell yours. You can obviously tell the difference in wheels looking at yours and looking at the picture.

as for the Sherlock comment, that’s the decent thing about Driftworks, people call a spade a spade and it’s hard to get shit past people on here.

15. v-specii

v-specii Member

Valid question..?? Pleaae, do explain.

Never answered becuase no valiidty about it, just found it to humouros tbh. Now your pushing for an answer maybe I should so it can put your overthinking mind at ease and I can get my brother the procrastinator to list on his ebay to..?? Would that satisfy you. I'm a genuine bloke with a genuine record. Spectators gon' speculate that's just the way things go. Have asked for the pics to be removed as you must have read above so if a mod can do so and clean up that would be much appreciated. x

16. Fraser Mac

Fraser Mac Moderator
    Staff Member

As i said, if you're not trying to scam people then you have made a really good job of looking like you are.

Maybe just get some more photos of your actual wheels? Save someone getting upset when they spend £1600 to get something completely different in the post.

17. v-specii

v-specii Member

Sher'ly gone all schtum. :thumbs:

After all that and pictures still showing, who do I need to contact to remove please, & to tidy thread up. Thanks

P.S Why won't it let me edit..?

18. Fraser Mac

Fraser Mac Moderator
    Staff Member

te.PNG

The photos are gone,

19. v-specii

v-specii Member

Indeed they are cheers, was still showing last I checked. o_O
    Who do I need to contact for a clean up.

20. v-specii

v-specii Member

& SOLD
    sorry I meant CATFISHED

The irony of this is that a local bloke came down with his beautiful GTR to De-concave.

Anybody after some practically new neochrome 18x9.5j Rotas Grids please pm me.

s-l1600.

s-l1600.