New to Drifting

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by FrozenAce, Jan 13, 2020.

1. FrozenAce

FrozenAce New Member

Hi ! I'm getting into drifting, i've got a Lexus is200 ( i know its slow...like really slow ) i've got a trailer but i've got no where to drift as im only doing this legally. I live in Bedfordshire which i know Santa Pod is close but £110 for a day is taking the piss as any where else is £40 ive looked around on the google and not really found anywhere sensible to travel to.

Can any one help please :)

2. KillboSlaggins

KillboSlaggins Active Member

most drift days worth going to are around £100 and up

rockingham is much better than pod and literally round the corner from you, go there.

3. FrozenAce

FrozenAce New Member

Awesome ill be on the look out for the next drift day thank you.

4. Fraser Mac

Fraser Mac Moderator
    Staff Member

£40 sounds like a budget death day.

Get to the Rockingham days L2D do, lots of seat time!

5. Celicasaur

Celicasaur Member

...scour the local industrial estates at night and work on your craft? That's what I've been doing the last 2 - 3 months. I'm still a total noob though but better than what I used to be at first. Seems like it's a long road. I guess you learn way more and its safer on a clear drift day though.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. richie_k83

richie_k83 Well-Known Member

£40 will get you on an oval or Airfield

£100ish, normally is the going rate. I would consider Pod as a noob. It is expensive compared to others, but there are loads of play pens for you to get to grips with, plus the Kidney track for when you're ready to learn more.

I have 6 drift days under my belt, 5x of those are on an oval track, which to me, is only good for so long until you want to progress.

Last day I did at pod, i spent the morning doing low speed cone drifting/figure eights and then onto the kidney on the afternoon.

With that bit of experience, i'm looking to go to a Three Sisters novice day next. They are about £60, nice venue and aimed at fairly new drivers.

Plenty about to cater for any budget, but i have found that cheaper days tend to be heaving. I'd rather pay more and get more seat time.