S13 to R32 brake upgrade

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by TickletheTiger, Dec 22, 2019.

1. TickletheTiger

TickletheTiger New Member

So im trying to do an upgrade on my brakes for my s13. I bought my friends sumitomo calipers and rotors from his R32 GTR (rotors and brake pads are new and calipers rebuilt).

My main question is will i need to get a different mount bracket for the calipers since they have bigger rotors than the stock s13 size? My aother question is where can i find the conversion brake lines? Ive been searching for quite some time and havent found them. Ive also read that i could just shave down the banjo bolt amd that should work.

Other bits of info that might be asked:
    '94 RSP13 180sx JDM
    Im also going to swap to a 5 lug and change my coilovers at the same time. I'll also be putting on 17" wheels so i know there'll be enough space for the new calipers.

Sorry if this is a little long winded, just trying to put out the most accurate info for yall

20191222_232345.

2. [jay]

[jay] Member

You can get the brake lines you need fro Hel Performance, not sure if they're listed on the website but if you give them a call they'll sort you out.

When changing to 5 stud I used s14 knuckles, these use 14mm bolts instead of 12mm on the s13. Easiest solution for me was to sleeve the hole with some 1mm steel tube and then use my s13 bolts.

3. Alex HJ

Alex HJ New Member

I'd be interested in buying the old brake parts if you want to get rid of them after you're done

4. ianlea73

ianlea73 Well-Known Member

I have r33 gtst read set up if required. CompletelyJust refurbished with new pads & disks. Painted black.
    Only need to slit & fold the back plates for the disks to fit.

5. jflather_105

jflather_105 Member

I did this same conversion on my 180SX RPS13 and they bolt straight on! I used some S13 5-stud hubs/bearings which I ordered from the USA as to make all the arms simpler as if you swap to S14 knuckles you will also need to either sleeve the coilover bolt holes in the knuckle to use your S13 bolts, or bore out the coilover to 14mm. Also you will need to change either the bottom LCAs or the ball joints in your stock S13 arms as the chamfer on the ball joints are differwent sizes on S14 compared to S13.