F20c swapped '85 Rx7

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Sh00bs, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Sh00bs

Sh00bs New Member

lemme start with saying i've had about 16 first gens, 2 fc's and 2 fd's.... all dorito powered! this was my first Rx7 and after 3 rotaries in it, with all my other rx's im allowed 1 piston swap dammit!

haha with that out of the way, this was about a 2 year project. im running an ap1 F20c from a '00 doner s2k. my buddy wrecked it driving under the influence and didnt have registration on it since he was still waiting for the title from the guy he bought it from... wanted to wash his hands and said hey chris just come get this for $1k... do whatever with it.
    Boom, done.
    the honda 6spd lines up almost perfect with the stock mounts. custom driveshaft and i was running a 4.44 LSD rear from when i had the pport in it... i wanna swap to a 4.11 or 3.9 down the road but w/e it works for now.
    uhh lets see, engine is stock except for intake and exhuast (headers, catless mid and single muffler - Racing Beat pport muffler lol ) and im running Haltech ProPlatinum ecu since that's what i have on my gtr and like it... plus im going boost next winter so that'll make things easy. figure keep it na this year and enjoy it as is then make it unreliable next year
    uhh car has a live rear axle with watts link... i really dont have too many issues with it and she breaks traction easily. idk if i'll try to actually slide at a track or not.. deffinitly gonna autoX and road course here and there, maybe a drift event at summit. it's still up in the air
    lets see, car has T3 coilovers on all corners w/drop brackets rear and roll centers and camber plates front, thicker sways fr/rr, custom rear upper strut bar, 4pt autoPower roll bar loop, Tuckin' 99 Flares for a NA miata and the diffuser was for a miata too haha
    the wheels are basset racing and im running 245 R888's rear and some all seasons up front.. probably 195 or 205's idr
    champion 3 core alum raditator, FMOC that isnt hooked up... was used for the spinny engines but i just left it for the looks and w/e
    240z mirrors that dont work for shit lol
    vintage porsche momo 1988 steering wheel on a quick release. ordered a racepak for the haltech but it hasnt come in yet...
    in total i have around 5500-6500 ish wrapped up in this. it's been fun and a blast to drive. there's no better feeling then hoping in something you've put so much time money and effort into just to be able to turn the key, have it fire right up perfect, idle perfect and drive as it should. you know damn near every square inch on the car and if it has any issues you know exactly where to check. No disrespect but this is why built > bought. the pride... and nothing like fixing your own junk on the side of the road instead of calling your "friend" or "mechanic" to walk you through fixing your car when it breaks on a drive.
    oh shit i went on a tangent there... mah bee

well im in Maryland, i go to hunt valley and annapolis cars n coffee pretty frequently. hope to be more active here then i have been the past 6 years haha

rx71.

rx72.

rx73.

rx74.

skyline and rx7.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Supra Gaz

Supra Gaz Member

That's bloody mint.

3. counteract

counteract -o=me

Love your plate surround!

Awesome swap for what it's cost you. Good job.

4. theholty

theholty OH NOES

Good work!

Is that a UK imported R32 GTR I spot too?

5. Sh00bs

Sh00bs New Member

why yes, yes it is! built engine. r33 5spd, R8 ignition, haltech ecu, Precision 6266 single, hks cams, greddy fmic, full exhaust, 1050 injectors. im around 540whp
    that's my "nice" car if you will haha

• Like Like x 1