318i compact (e36 ) questions.

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Tinom5, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Tinom5

Tinom5 New Member

So in the beggining of next month imma be buying a 318i compact since my alfa died on me and i need a car desperadely. It was originally a 316i auto but the dude swaped with a free 1.8 the 115hp one. Switched yo manual after that. The car has a 4.44 diff. ( from what i can gather it was the auto diff that came from the factory. Is it a lsd idk since in our country we call something else an LSD witch might be the same. Anyways im not buying the car specifically to drift in the Formula D races just asking will it drift. Dude says yeah it can swing no prob just dont expect a welded 2.5 amounts of drift.
    So im asking for people to give an opinion will this little thing have some fun in it besides being a transport mainly ?

2. Andy318ti

Andy318ti Active Member

It'll be fun with a 4.44, but the levels of commitment needed are not for the road.

3. Tinom5

Tinom5 New Member

Yeah i wqs counting on that. The idea is for it at the end of the day to be mainly transport. The fun part being a bonus. Surely on wet its gonna slide :D

4. Andy318ti

Andy318ti Active Member

Yeah it'll be good fun.
    Your 4.44 won't be an lsd, get it welded so it's at least predictable.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tinom5

Tinom5 New Member

Got it. Well imma swap the engine too eventually bits just logical. But first i gotta get back on my feet.