Nismo Diff Help

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by always_sideways, Jul 24, 2008.

1. always_sideways

always_sideways New Member

Ok story goes like this...Bought a brand new nismo 1.5 way gt pro TT diff a couple of months back, fitted it with no problems...The only reason i wanted a Gt Pro was because there is supposed to be no noise from it at all....thats not the case...mine bangs and rattles like crazy. Has anyone had the same problems or anyone with possible solution to my problem??

2. always_sideways

always_sideways New Member

Its in an S14a if that makes any difference..

3. COOLDRFT

COOLDRFT Member

I have a Nismo gt 2way diff in my R32 with Silkolene oil ,don't bang or rattle unless you take off after reversing while turning.
    Who did you get to fit it ? Was the backlash set correctly.
    Did you try adjusting the severity of the diff ?

4. banzai-g

banzai-g Member

Ive the same diff in my gtr !!! It rattles etc when turning ,reversing or when youve the cut on !!!!! Theres a 3 setting adjustment on them on the driverside in at the shaft. try that .

5. Ninocrack

Ninocrack Member

I have a silvia with a Nismo gt lsd pro 1,5 way and only noise when turning, and sounds a lot. I have the setup in the medium position.

6. mitto

mitto -NIGHTSPIRT FAMILY-

GTpro's come set on "hard lock" when you get them, this is reccomended for begginers, the softest setting being professional drift/race. Oil will make an ammount of difference, as will bedding the diff correctly and SETTING THE BACKLASH CORRECTLY, although this tends to cause whine, rather than the typical clutch pack type diff clacking sound. I'd be worried if the diff was silent...

Nismos arent silent, im not sure where that rumour came from? They just tend to be quieter than the rest of them.

7. mitto

mitto -NIGHTSPIRT FAMILY-

which diff? the one going to the correct wheels or the gay wheel drive?

8. Jack-J

Jack-J Member

Old thread revival!

Question, so the Nismo GT-pro has three pre-load settings internal Low, Mid and Hi. Am I right in thinking that higher the pre-load the more torque is required to lock the diff up? As that makes it harder for the pressure rings to push apart and lock the clutch up. Is that correct? Therefore if I want it to be little better when parking etc, I would need to go to the high setting?

9. Jack-J

Jack-J Member

Anyone have any input at all?