1jz conversion Altezza HELP NEEDED

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Stephen Stretton, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Stephen Stretton

Stephen Stretton New Member

Need help has anyone done an altezza 1jz conversion heard the j160 box will work with the adaptor plate and is300 mounts work was wondering is it alot of hassle if i have the 1j loom is it straight forward to get the dash to work basically stuck as i fully forged and turboed my beams engine it dropped a valve on way to get tuned and because the altezza head is made of alot of titanium it wrecked everything basically for same price i could get a 1j are will i just fix my beams whats everyone think

2. anzhar

anzhar Member

Hi i am soon going to forge my beams and turbo it, aiming for 400+ bhp

Did you do anywork to the head to prevent the valve drom dropping? Or is there anything that can be done? Like changing springs etc?

3. Stephen Stretton

It looks likw im going to have to stick to the path im on aswell as iv already started this route yeh standard altezza springs cant take the stress so need changed apart from that theres no real valve upgrades im looking into changing my head to an auto head are a 3sgte head but can find anyone to tell me will the 3sgte head fit if it does im going that route with brian crower valves, springs and retainers then hopefully get new set of forged pistons as one of mine is wrecked now lol

4. Dirk Jan

Dirk Jan Member

Hi mate, I just completed this conversion myself. There's a lot of things to consider if you start with an Altezza as a base but it's certainly doable. Could supply you with a list of things you'll need but I need you to do something in return (measuring resistance of the oil pressure sensor) send me a message on FB or instagram if you want. @dedirkjan or Dirk Jan de Hoop on Facebook.

5. Stephen Stretton

I had the build finished and on way to get tuned it dropped a valve think that altezza has weak valve springs when going for decent power now iv to get a new head new pistons new gasket and hopefully thats it but trying to find upgraded valves that are the same size as the manual beams and brian crower spring and retainers

6. Stephen Stretton

Oh yeh your still talking bout the conversion sorry mate say i had a 1 jz and loom and i had a conversion plate for my j160 box iv a intercooler and i need is300 mounts is it still really expensive from there and is it a hassle

7. Dirk Jan

Dirk Jan Member

You might have used the wrong pistons to work with the dual VVT-i. It all depends on what engine you're planning on using, preferably a JZS171 Crown or a JZX110 engine. I had my wiring loom done by Phoenix Engine Management in Shepton Mallet, they make a complete plug and play loom to work with your car and have all the gauges work. You're also going to need to modify your fuel system as all fuel lines will be on the wrong side of the car. Do you have a multimeter to do that measurement for me?

8. Stephen Stretton

Sounds like far more hassle that forging the beams engine its the one i didn then it dropped a valve then i was thinkingbwill i go 1jz instead but didnt know how much work was in it thats alot of work alot of money so maybe just rebuild my beams motor again

9. Dirk Jan

Dirk Jan Member

Yes, might be your best bet then.

• Like Like x 1
  10. anzhar

anzhar Member

Ive emailed brian crower website and they said they may have something but need to know the id od and install height? Is this the same for all manual beams or individual to each head

11. Stephen Stretton

Ok so you suggest i email them wonder will they be a straight fit

12. anzhar

anzhar Member

No, im asking for myself whether i need to get the measuremnts from my head when the head is taken Apart or whether the measurements are the same for all manual beams engines

My Engine will get forged with wiseco pistons manley rods and im thinking might aswell do the springs and retainers on the head to prevent valve from dropping, so just researching which ones i need

Any help from yourself is appreciated

So are you going to do 1jz or repair the beams?

13. Stephen Stretton

Oh right ok, yeh only people do better valves is hurley race engineering and supertech make custom valves thats it so im going to have to go with standard unless supertech get back to me, think i will repair my beams as iv come this far and do bc springs and and retainers and by another new set of forged cp carillo pistons 9:0:1 comp my turbo fix is massive money the valve went straight through my new precision turbo

14. anzhar

anzhar Member

OMG.

Precision turbo!

Im going with a £200 holset as from what ive read up on from the last 18 months the beams will spool it up well because its a high flow engine, and hopefully give 400bhp+

Btw did you get a custom manifold? And where from? Im almost decided on who im commissioning to make mine, but more options the better, im planning on a t3 twinscroll to spool the holset

15. Stephen Stretton

Yeh ino its costum $705 to fix it yeh should make it no prob with better fuel pump and also need big injectors minimu 555cc iv 800cc ASNU lol they aint cheap, iv got a vband manifold only turbos that work with it a vband 4" inlet high flowing manifold from wicked racing on fb think there from sri lanka should see there work lad mighty they do a inlet manifold aswell but i dont have £520 to spare atm lol the turbo manifold isnt far off £800 i think

16. anzhar

anzhar Member

Ive been in touch with them a couole months back. They dont have a jig to make t3 twinscroll turbo manifold unfortunately

17. Stephen Stretton

Yeh ino i wanted vband anyway as i most precision and garrett gtx28 and 30 and all are vband