1JZ-VVTI Turbo Setup? Tomei Arms M8280

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by eroll_350z, May 3, 2020.

1. jackyg rs

jackyg rs Member

no worries bud, glad to be of help, what the forums are all about... wish it wasn’t all about fb these days but a sign of the times I guess....

2. eroll_350z

eroll_350z Member

That's the truth! Everyone on this forum has been really helpful so far, so hopefully that won't change with it all changing!

• Like Like x 1
  3. bigdave z20

bigdave z20 Member

Friend of mine has the Tomei on his vvti 1J and is talking about selling and going top mount for more power. If you want to save a few bob over a new one. His insta name is rorythompson94 and give him a DM

• Like Like x 1
  4. eroll_350z

eroll_350z Member

Thanks man. I'll send him a message and ask! Appreciate that.

5. jackyg rs

jackyg rs Member

Don't happen to have any videos of the chaser running this turbo do you? Would be interested to see what it goes like over standard? Thanks

6. bigdave z20

bigdave z20 Member

Think it’s 400hp. Probably find a few on YouTube with the same setup

7. Tommyboyblitz

Tommyboyblitz New Member

I am looking into the Tomei Turbo kit, also manifold and exit pipe.

I have been running a Kinugawa hybrid turbo, mainly because its cheap, first one lasted about 8 months. 2nd one is on the way out after they replaced it but its now out of warrenty. Looking for something like the Tomei.

I was runnign about 22psi from the kinugawa, i did get it dynod but at 14.5psi, with standalone ecu made 293whp with 550cc injectors, bumping up to 22psi didnt get a reading as somethign else stopped working but on the road it had plenty of power and response, would hazard a guess that it would be somewhere over 400 at the fly, like you this is plenty of power for what i want. Fun but not crazy, now looking for a better turbo just to last alot longer.

I know a few years ago the poncams suffered with snapping, people swapped them for HKS. but also the Cast manifolds used to crack. Any idea if these problems ahve been rectified as they seem to be selling them again?