R34 price query???

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by ianlea73, Jun 6, 2020.

1. ianlea73

ianlea73 Well-Known Member

I'm self employed & due to covid I've not earned anything & also my grant was pretty poor due to a crap 1st year.
    So I'm thinking I might need to sell my R34 4 door.
    It was imported in Nov 2018 & I bought it Feb 2019.
    Since I've owned it I've completely stripped the chassis. Carried out full clean, zinc prime & raptor underseal.
    Everything powder coated, all new polybushes, full driftworks adjustable arms, hsd dueltech coillovers, gtt rear calipers, 350z brembo front brakes. Full braided brakeline kit & all new cotton braided fuel lines.
    I've also binned the auto & converted to manual using all oem gtt parts.
    It's currently na but I've fitted a custom air intake & hks filter, decat pipe & custom shotgun backbox.
    Battery is relocated to the boot.
    Interior is standard except for a Kode steering wheel & driftworks snap off boss kit.

Genuine work kiwami wheels 18x10.5 et15 & 18x9.5 et20.
    There is lacquer peel in the boot lid & a few dings on the front drivers wing.
    I'm trying to work out what it's currently worth knowing that prices seem to be climbing every day.
    Anybody in the know have any general ideas.

20200515_190056.

20200515_153727.

2. ianlea73

Underside

20200513_113437.

20200201_141928.

• Like Like x 1
  3. crazyae86

crazyae86 Well-Known Member

its looking very clean !!!

4. Tyler Thompson

Tyler Thompson New Member

My brother is in the Market for an R34 4-door if you are interested to sell drop me a PM mate.

Cheers

5. ianlea73

Thanks I appreciate the reply
    I've done a lot in a short period of time.

6. jackyg rs

jackyg rs Member

This car does look really clean! Nice work you've done :)

Price wise it's a hard one, the NA ones don't seem to go for too much compared to the gtt but you have manual converted it, most people would want to do the rb25det conversion unless they are young and the NA would be better for them to insure....

What's the mileage on the car?

Personally I'd say it's in the £6-7k area with how clean it is and some decent parts fitted... Maybe slightly more... Can still get NA autos for £5k ish A 4 door gtt is like 10-13k depending on condition and spec these days.... Although they don't seem to be as popular as the Jzx's

• Like Like x 1
  7. ianlea73

Mileage is 106000 km/ 66000 miles.
    If it was £6k ish I'd rather struggle & keep it as I've got more in it.
    Wheels, suspension arms, coilovers & manual swap .
    I do have an rb25det neo I'm building up to go in it so I might make sacrifices elsewhere & keep the car.

• Like Like x 2
  8. jackyg rs

jackyg rs Member

Yeah I don't blame you with the amount of work you've put into it already...
    It's a really low miles shell tbf as well and you've got decent parts on it, the wheels are over £1k worth even second hand aren't they...

What would you be happy to sell it for?

It may be worth more just judging by stuff I've seen for sale over the past year and how popular they were etc
    Unfortunately it's a buyers market really with this covid19 a lot of people are looking to take cash out of car projects and sell up and realise funds, only the people who have managed to carry on working from home or been less affected can afford to spend money on this sort of thing.

I'm actually in a similar situation myself, been trying to decide what to do over the last month or so but can't make my mind up lol
    I've got a jzx100 chaser, it's a fair amount of money to have sitting around, was thinking of selling up, clearing some debts and buying something a bit cheaper or something I can use for now and build up in a few years once I get back on track! I know I won't have the money to spend on it or get it where I would like or even use it for the next couple of years but if I sell up I dunno if I'll ever be in the position to own one again especially if the prices carry on rising.... It's a hard decision to make.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ianlea73

That's exactly my thinking.
    Prices on these are rising monthly. The 25 year import into US is approaching fast & having owned R33's & then a few years later see them double in price I don't want to let this go for cheap.
    Having driven it today really makes me want to keep it.
    I'm really hoping work picks up soon.

• Like Like x 2
  10. crazyae86

crazyae86 Well-Known Member

heyman
    in my opinion if you can keep it

• Like Like x 1
  11. jackyg rs

jackyg rs Member

I had the same thing happen to me with s14a's lol so annoying
    Yeah it's such a clean and sample you should try your hardest to keep hold of it if you can.... I can't see a way for myself atm but will be very unfortunate to loose a car because of all this that's gone on so far this year....
    Hope work picks up for you can you can keep it bud

• Like Like x 2