Not an AE86... My S15 Silvia Spec R - Driftworks/RetroSpeedShop/Zestino

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Paz, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Paz

Paz -NIGHTSPIRIT FAMILY- UK Drift Since 2001

I guess most people dont know by now, but i'm normally piloting an AE86 or similar chassis and have done for near 20 years.. But i had to scratch the Kansai/Naoki style itch before i hang my boots up and the so the decision was made to get an S15 and give it a go... I've had the car for about a year but obviously ive only managed to attend 3 events, and only one with its current set up but so far, the car is simply awesome.

I'm lucky enough to be Sponsored by Driftworks, RetroSpeedShop & Zestino on this one, and i send huge thanks for supporting me with what i want to do!

The car Spec is as follows:

SR20DET, 0.9bar of boost, Mines ECU, GReddy FMIC, HKS Exhaust & Air filter and err... Thats your lot.

Driftworks CS2 Coilovers
    Driftworks Camber, Toe, Traction Arm & Tension rods
    Work T5R 17x9 front, 18x9.5 rear with 235/40/17 & 265/35/18 Zestino Acrova Tyres
    RetroSpeedShop Hyper Knuckle
    65mm Spacer Up Front
    20mm Spacer Out Back
    Sparco Bucket Seat & Harness
    Nardi Wheel
    Yashio Factory Gearknob and Water Temp Gauge
    Some Defi's
    Origin Racing Line Aero
    4.3 Welded Diff

And not much else! Kept the car simple, it really doesnt need much else but will have a few tweeks along the line, probably some Tomei Poncam 258 and a Roll Cage at some point but the car is so much fun to drive.

It's currently in RetroSpeedShop where i've made a bashbar & it's having some magic paint work to change colour from white to red, aswell as having a body refresh during this time. More pics once it's painted!

Few pics below and a video of my first time driving it with the new setup... Sorry about the quality! I did a bad!

Sil1. Sil2.

Night Spirit.... If you know.... You know! :D Sil3.

More pics once painted, hopefully some more vids too!

#1 Paz, Sep 14, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. joelhachiroku

joelhachiroku Member

Holy front spacer batman. What does that achieve? Not hate just curious

3. Paz

Paz -NIGHTSPIRIT FAMILY- UK Drift Since 2001

Its a big Chungus! It adds alot of scrub radius so you can run low caster to avoid any over center issues without having to move racks and all that shite, while still having good steering feel, and adds loads of cross jacking to push the weight of the car rearwards on angle, in theory increasing rear grip as angle goes up..