Skyline Love - Canadian ER34

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Koncept_drifT, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Koncept_drifT

Koncept_drifT Member

Hello Driftworks! Its been a minute since ive been an active member here since my last build

V____________________________________________V

https://www.driftworks.com/forum/threads/silvia-love-canadian-ps13.176784/

Hy30Hqo.

havent done a build thread in a long time so bare with me! excited to document and share this build up with all who followed the last build from wherever you may be from

so my goal after my last Silvia build was to obviously start with a cleaner chassis! as that thing was rotten and should have likely been delivered to the nearest scrap yard. that being said it enabled me to harness some skills and created a knowledge base of what it takes to build an effective well rounded drift car. ill be it was more of a race car which i'd like to stay more on the street side with this one!

1: Chassis

1998 Nissan Skyline ER34 GTT

2: Powertrain

arrived with a unopened RB25 single turbo, Borg Warner S200sxe, injectors, bunch of cheap worn out ebay parts. standard Rb25 transmission. the car absolutely ripped before it was having what i assume would be some wiring issues.

3: Exterior

good news is this chassis is in immaculate shape aside from a little brush with another car on the Drivers side quarter. as well as the obvious street drift car related blemishes .

4: Interior

the interior is also in great shape. Standard everything all there a+

5: Electronics

after market fuel pump, came with de-fi gauges, standard blitz boost controller, Mega squirt. A pretty hack job install on the wiring for the mega squirt .

b9YY9bU.

OEJIThE.

OiyPiOM.

wvTqjsK.

CrADfiF.

ill leave you with that for now next post i will get you up to speed with the plans for the car , a pretty solid parts list, and some good progress thats already been completed!

#1 Koncept_drifT, Sep 19, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  2. crazyae86

crazyae86 Well-Known Member

3. Koncept_drifT

Koncept_drifT Member

Been collecting parts for the 34 for what feels like ever and still have a ton of things to acquire to get this car on the road

the silvia love build i was running an rb26 with whatever parts i could find/afford at the time. ultimately sub par parts were part(large part) of the reason that i started going though engines. it disabled my ability to keep the car operational financially .

i decided going into this build that i didn't want to do that again so..... Rb powa had to go:cry:

luckily i had some friends that years ago informed me about this unicorn of an engine that id never heard of and that was only available from aus.

Bring on the Ford Powa.

20190523_203331.

20200830_170038.

yup love it or hate it.. i'm after some power that will hopefully be less volatile and more reliable than the RB.
    with the correct parts to make it robust and regulated with lots of safeties implemented.

20200905_214331.

E85
    ID1700x
    borgwarner s364.5xe w/1.0 A/R (might get choked up a bit but will make more than enough powa)
    6 boost Exhaust
    plazma man top half Plenum
    bosch 74mm electronic throttle body.
    all linked up through a CD009 Nissan transmission.
    billet oil pump gears
    atomic valve springs
    arp head studs and MLS headgasket

20190325_222558.

20200903_153429.

now i need to stop being lazy and start making some progress on the chassis. hopefully have another update for ya'll soon
    cheers driftworks:dw:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Koncept_drifT

Koncept_drifT Member

whats up drift works!

quick update!

most of the major body worx is going to be on the rear end area / trunk / tail lights; mainly because Nissan decided to make the GT/R34 and the ER34GTT tail lights / trunk (boot for all ya Britons:p) / quarter panels and bumper non interchangeable. which would normally be fine for most builds. but i want this one to be special. so a GTR34 Rear body conversion is in the process.

Here are a few picture in progress

I bought a coupe trunk and cut both of them in half to splice the front from an ER34 to the Rear of the GTR34
    i still need to purchase a donor tail light panel/trunk seal sheet metal.

20190902_145123.

20190902_200605. 20190902_200559. 20190903_150940. 20190902_210146.
    20190903_212046.

that's where i left off until i source a trunk / tail light panel to finish getting the Coupe tail light buckets to mount correctly.
    as well as stretching the over fenders and either stretching the bumper or scrapping the bumper all together for a diffuser of sorts.
    let me know what you think i should do?!

20190923_160126.

more progress soon! Cheers:dw:

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. counteract

counteract -o=me

Loved your PS13 from back along. Love the effort going in to this one already too. Mad combination of effort in different ways but love where it's headed. Rear bumper in the last picture looks like it's trying to be an R35 too much, maybe a half cut rear bumper with a diffuser would work out?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Koncept_drifT

Koncept_drifT Member

I knew there was a few of you still kicking here! i hear what your saying about the R35 looks, I've though the same thing.guess its time to start choppin haha