R34 LED Rear Tail Lights - any good?

Thread in 'Driftworks Products & Enquiries' started by Stevet10, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Stevet10

Stevet10 Member

Just wondering if anyone here has the LED tail lights fitted to their Skyline? Specifically the 200quid ones for sale on Driftworks: https://www.driftworks.com/nissan-skyline-r34-99-02-led-tail-lights-for-gtr-gtt.html

What's the quality like? Good OEM fit? How do they look installed?

Other options seem to be more difficult to get hold of these days. Ideally I want the Mismo ones but according to Nengun these are now discontinued...? Any other ideas?

Thanks!

2. hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper Member

I had a pair of these purchased as a gift when I first bought my GTT. The first set had half a ring of LEDs not working on the LH side, DW replaced no problem. Second set went faulty after a couple of months, one brake light was intermittent. Spoke to DW again and asked for store credit instead.

I may have been incredibly lucky and had 2 bad sets from a faulty batch, I cant comment on any other sets sold.

While they were on the car they looked good

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Ffarm2.staticflickr.com%2F1900%2F44283608842_db6fe37cde_z.

I contacted someone who makes custom LED lights and got him to make me some Nismo Style units

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stevet10

Stevet10 Member

Thanks for the insight, I'm still struggling to find anything other than the £200 option (saw some genuine nismo units sold for £1200 not that long ago!)

So might take the risk, sounds like DW will help out if I do have any quality issues.

Thanks!

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. thecrim22

thecrim22 New Member

Did you end up buying these??

5. Stevet10

Stevet10 Member

No I never did actually. Might do one day but still not sure of the quality.

6. thecrim22

thecrim22 New Member

Yeah ive been looking at them for my 33 but would like to know somebody that has them tried and tested