Quaife ATB for S14 - Thoughts Welcome

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by piman2k, Nov 12, 2020.

1. piman2k

piman2k Member

Hello all. I'm about to push the button on a diff for my S14. Finally, after weeks of procrastinating.

New car is a mid power level primarily road car with occasional track days.

Disclaimer - I am not a drifter, and I accept this is Driftworks :wack: But there's such a mix of cars on here with lots of people and lots of seat time across different disciplines that I thought it might be a good place to ask.

I was fixed on a 1.5 Way Nismo GT LSD Pro, then realised I'll never, ever adjust it (I know what I'm like) so dropped to the Nismo GT LSD.

But then I got thinking about the curveball, the Quaife ATB which is the helical fit and forget the offer. It will never lock obviously, but if you consider my general driving conditions and style, I can't help but think this is worth investigating.

So I wanted to ask if anyone has driven a RWD non TC car on a Quaife ATB and if they have, what did they think?

Thanks if you can help.

2. Simon Skyline

Simon Skyline Member

I don't know myself mate but I'd like to know opinions too, as I have R33 GTST daily with similar driving experience and considering a Quaife ATB...

Any opinions from people with any experience guys & girls??

3. PhilMorrison

PhilMorrison Driftworks Owner
    Staff Member

I'd always go for a proper plated diff. The Nismo LSD's are superb. It was the first brand new lsd I ever bough for my S14 20 years ago.

4. piman2k

piman2k Member

Thank for the input Phil. It's not my first LSD I've bought either, and I actually ended up buying a new GT Pro in the end, mostly because I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of finding the correct input shafts. Stick with what I know works. Thanks!