1JZGTE head mated to 1JZGE Block

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by oseidh, Dec 11, 2016.

1. oseidh

oseidh New Member

Firstly i must apologize if a thread of this nature already exist, but i am having issues finding information on the topic.

As the title says I have intentions of mating a 1JZ GTE head with a GE block.
    I am trying to find a thread but can anyone tell me is there any main differences that would not allows for this to work? Finding a replacement motor for my MA61 seems to be a pain and i am getting a damaged 1JZge for little to no money and would like to know if the block can be used. If not can someone tell me if the 1J VVTI block can work?

Thanks to every and anyone who helps me with information.

2. Aaron Kearns

Aaron Kearns New Member

Did you ever find an answer to your question?
    Im currently considering importing a tourer S chaser since its much cheaper than a tourer V but obviously would like to turbo it, so any info you got that could help would be appreciated.

3. joelhachiroku

joelhachiroku Member

I have a gte head gte gasket and a ge block and don't see any issue.
    Just waiting on headstuds to put them together finally

4. Aaron Kearns

Aaron Kearns New Member

Let us know how this goes! I'm considering a full engine swap atm.

5. Omi Badshah

Omi Badshah New Member

Hi, guys any updates? i have an early non vvti 1jzge and want to do NA-t but haven't found any info about the GE block

6. joelhachiroku

joelhachiroku Member

There's a pile of info out there online just have to do some reading of threads. You have a distributor so depending on what path you take there's a bit of fuckery involved. Go through YouTube there's all sorts on there too

7. Omi Badshah

Omi Badshah New Member

ya ive pretty much figured everything out but still no idea if the rods in early 1jzge are the stronger thicker ones or not

8. malik

malik New Member

hey do you think you could post some links to the info you found? i still cant tell if the head will bolt on to the stock block.

9. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

He's not been on here for over a year.

10. joelhachiroku

joelhachiroku Member

It's the same deal.as the 2j. If you have a gte head and a ge block. The non vvti ge rods are the same as non vvti gte rods.
    If your asking these questions It's unlikely you'll be pushing anything beyond what it's capable of tbf so just send it.

As for the distributor you can buy kits to delete it do some googling It's all there.

As for manifolds on the 1jzge I'm not sure if they are are same as the 2jge head. Maybe buy gaskets to compare as they are pretty cheap.

11. Matt.jzx

Matt.jzx New Member

I've 2 crestas with 1jzge non vvti engines I'll be looking to make turbo in the very near future.

With the increase in JZ prices, any JZ block that is good is worth keeping and putting together.

I've confirmed part numbers match ge/gte rods in the non vvti. The pistons are high comp in the ge but I'll be using a Standalone on each engine so thats not a problem. I may go ahead and buy a 2jzge exhaust gasket like you said to see if I can run a 2jzge non V up-pipe. Otherwise its going to be a swap to a supported head.

Other parts I figure would just be to cap the dizzy location for coil on plug and get a gte oil pump for crank sensor and get one of the many cam sensor kits available. Everything else is butter after a COP conversion.

12. joelhachiroku

joelhachiroku Member

Prp do a dizzy delete for ge heads. At current prices I'd just make the ge head work. By the time you change heads pay for it etc it'll cost way more

13. Matt.jzx

Matt.jzx New Member

2jzge exhaust manifold gasket matches 1jzge vvti and non vvti heads.

So any 2jz NA+T turbo kit should bolt up no problem. This makes this conversion a very real possibility, which I will be moving forward with! Thanks for your help!

0F7E99AF-6A82-4395-9D75-97C33609F1A4.