Potential Scammer???

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by evo baz, Jan 22, 2021.

1. evo baz

evo baz Member

Hi,

Has anyone received a Direct Message from a member called Robertwill001?

I have a wanted post for some wheels and received a DM for the above member (recent new member). The DM said to email someone called Charles Matthew.

Suspecting it could be a scam I played along and emailed Charles (possibly Robert?) asking for some pics. He duely obliged and sent me some. I managed to find the very same pics on Google so asked him to write my name on a bit paper and take a picture next to his wheels . He then replied but sounded a bit hacked off....lol

Has anyone else had any similar DM's

2. evo baz

evo baz Member

Should have said, Charles told me the tyres in the pics were 9 months old. The pics I found on Google were from 2018.

3. Nite_Shayde

Nite_Shayde Active Member

99.9999% sure it's a scam, experienced something very similar on another forum when I had a WTB post up too a while ago. Got a PM from a new member pointing to me to someone who supposedly had exactly what I was looking for, and gave me their email address. They also sent pics that were taken from someone else's old advert (Google's reverse image search is very useful).

Take it he hasn't managed to send a photo of the wheels and your name on a piece of paper? What payment method does he want? I'd steer clear, too many scamming cunts about these days.

4. crazyae86

crazyae86 Well-Known Member

be carefull mate

the whole net is scam

5. Blitz.

Blitz. Member

Nothing "potential" about it. 100% scam.

• Winner Winner x 1