Toyota aristo build.... single turbo, manual swap.

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Ciaran O Rourke, Aug 17, 2019.

1. mc_bob

mc_bob Active Member

I done my conversion few years ago, but any advice I can give let me know.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kearney

Kearney Member

Looks great. Interested to see how this is going to go!

3. Ciaran O Rourke

Ciaran O Rourke New Member

Flywheel braced with steel bar, this was to remove the main crank pully bolt. Crank pully removed to replace the timing belt. DSC_0012.JPG Crank pully has two threaded holes either side of the main crank bolt. This is useful to remove the pully.

DSC_0013.JPG DSC_0015.JPG Diy crank pully remover. Using spare bracket I had in the shed. Drilled out to suit.

Test fitted the xtreme flywheel and clutch kit. Twin disk setup. Arp flywheel bolts ordered to permanently fit the clutch setup. DSC_0018.JPG

4. Ciaran O Rourke

Finally got around to removing the dash. This is the easiest way to get access to clutch pedal space in my opinion

DSC_0057.JPG

Removed the foot pedal handbrake assembly and steering column to gain access to as much space as possible.

DSC_0059.JPG
    I chose a clutch pedal from a is250. This has the master cylinder internal as part of the pedal.
    Only needs a reservoir in the bay.
    Slight modification to the pedal is all that is needed and one two holes in the firewall.
    One of the original bolts for the handbrake assembly is used to align the pedal.

DSC_0063.JPG

DSC_0064.JPG

DSC_0066.JPG

Clutch pedal mounted in with the original bolt on the right and I welded a nut to the is250 pedal on the left side and mounted through from the engine bay.

One bracket made up to fix the top of the pedal to the crash bar below the dash. This bolted on to the clutch assembly and into the crash bar.
    Pedal needed to be shortened slightly and welded and I think it turned out good. The feel is good in the car. Trimmed the brake pedal and fitted a new cover. All lines up well now.

Space for steering rack to fit also.
    Now for the dash to be fitted back in and plumb up the clutch lines.

DSC_0072.JPG

DSC_0074.JPG

DSC_0071.JPG

#24 Ciaran O Rourke, Mar 29, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  5. Ciaran O Rourke

sketch-1585602006890. Pedal finished today and fully bolted up. Only one feed pipe to the clutch master cylinder inside the car.

Snapchat-241805638.
    Engine mounted in bay. Turbo clearence is great, I was worried about space. Heat management should be good.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. MC Serge

MC Serge New Member

7. Ciaran O Rourke

More goodies for the build. Ecumaster black and pnp adapter for full stand alone management.
    Also 45mm turbosmart wastegate to help with boost control.
    Havnt had much time at the build due to the covid-19 bull**it. Lockdown number 2 here in Ireland at the moment. Need to get to my shed soon IMG_20201215_150505_243. FB_IMG_1611231986213. IMG_20201215_150505_243.

• Like Like x 1
  8. rx7ali

rx7ali Member

Ohhhh PNP ECU for a VVTI! Will follow as interested to see how you get on with this!

9. Sean Magee

Sean Magee New Member

Hey Ciaran.

Anymore updates on the build. It's a build I'm looking at doing in the near future and want to see how yours finishes up

Cheers

10. jake202

jake202 Member

Al so looking for updates this looks like a very detailed thread just got an aristo doing the same thing!

11. Atvize

Atvize New Member

can I contact you please? Im in the making of doin this, have a R154 box and a 2000 RHD toyota aristo

12. ffgddfgd

ffgddfgd New Member

Sorry for the shortage of updates. i've simply were given again at the car remaining night time. Im am going to share this thread https://www.driftworks.com/forum/threads/toyota-aristo-build-single-florida lottery results-turbo-manual-swap.278905/ to my kith and kin who want to know about that. The xs manifold suits and looks as if a nicely made piece. have not had the automobile lower back collectively yet to look how it fares whilst mapped. however for the money it fits and feels like an awesome péice of package.

got to start the strip down for elimination of the engine last night. Hoping to get the engine out this week and begin on faster setup then.