TRC off flashing JZX100

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Sylexevo, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Sylexevo

Sylexevo Member

Hello guys,

I have had a slight problem on my jzx100 for a while,
    First I had the typical TRC off AND etcs snow flashing on the dash which is I think solved by replacing the throttle control unit; I have bought that unit but it is still home and not changed because sometimes the flashing problem won't show for weeks.

Now and without changing nothing I have a slight different one, It is the TRC off always flashing when cold starting the car then sometimes it will shut off after 15-25 min drive and sometimes not at all but I don't have the ETCS snow flashing no more for the moment,
    I even so the TRC off flashing for 20 min then not flashing then flashing again 30 min after on long drive.

Any ideas ?

2. Hosni Chowdhury

Hosni Chowdhury New Member

Hello there @Sylexevo,

Just curious to know if you solved the problem with the blinking TRC OFF & ETCS SNOW.

Thanks.

3. Sylexevo

Sylexevo Member

Hey ! yes it’s a pretty common problem on the jzx100,
    There is a capacitor in the throttle control unit which fail after time making that problem,
    You could you buy a new capacitor and ask someone that knows what he is doing.
    Or a used throttle ecu and pray that it won’t have that problem soon.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hosni Chowdhury

Hey @Sylexevo ,

I've been facing the same thing since the last week, but time to time the problem seems to change. At times, it's JUST ECT POWER that flashes. And at times, 15/20 minutes into driving the car, I hear some clicking sound (under the passenger side dash; probably where the throttle ecu is) and TRC OFF, ETCS SNOW & ECT POWER keep flashing for a while. After a while, clicking sounds appear and voila! All's good! No more flashing.

Thank you so much for shining the light on this. I've had another friend suggest me the same thing! Both of you are like angels to me. Hahaha! I'll give it a check and keep you posted!

5. Sylexevo

Sylexevo Member

The clicking sound is one of your relay,
    It will keep flashing and stop flashing until your ecu throttle is dead dead

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hosni Chowdhury

Ahhh! Makes sense. I'll look into the throttle ecu and also if need be, the relays.

Thank you so much!

7. Sylexevo

Sylexevo Member

Don’t bother the relay, changed mine thinking I could arrange the problem, didn’t worked.
    Shoot me a dm, i can send you a capacitor , had to buy them buy 20 ...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hosni Chowdhury

Apparently, some error keeps showing and I can't get into your profile here. You got an Instagram account? I could give you a follow and continue this conversation.

9. Sylexevo

Sylexevo Member

Yep , sylexf insta

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hosni Chowdhury

Sent you a DM on Instagram.