Looking for parts list for C35 Manual conversion

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Mr.Doug, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Mr.Doug

Mr.Doug New Member

As title states looking for a list of parts for what I need to swap a c35 laurel to manual from
    I believe I can use a R33 rb25det gearbox? Just wonder about the rest of the bits what pedals to use etc.

Thanks guys!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bu11et

Bu11et Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

Sooooooo I'm going to make you a guide because I'm full of caffeine and did it on the weekend. Here goes....

Parts:
    R33 handbrake and tail
    R33 clutch pedal (can use R33 brake pedal or just cut down the C35 one)
    Complete R33 gearbox (fork, release bearing, shifter etc) & matching front half of driveshaft (if it's an RB25DET gearbox, get RB25DET front half)
    R33 trans mount
    R33 clutch master & slave
    9 bolt flywheel, clutch and flywheel bolts
    Manual spigot

Not going to go through disassembly. That shit is easy

Handbrake:
    Remove the foot-operated parking brake (there are 2x bolts up the top ~2in away from each other)
    Unclip the park brake under the car and unbolt it from the car (bunch of clips)
    Feed the R33 tail piece into the trans tunnel and clip in the R33 tail piece to the handbrake cable bracket
    Drill out the spot welds on the triangle looking bracket bracket
    Drill out the middle of the dimples on the tunnel
    Bolt handbrake down using 1" & 2mm thick washers so it doesn't rip out

Clutch pedal:
    Cut away the sound deadening mat on the inside where it looks like the clutch would fit (rectangle with an angle in the corner). The sound deadening is almost wool lined, so best to get through the rubber mat with a REAL sharp blade, then use super sharp scissors (ala seamstress scissors)
    You'll then see a template for the clutch pedal on the inner skin of the firewall. Drill out the holes - middle is 33 or 34mm iirc, bolt holes i went to 10mm
    Bolt clutch pedal to clutch master

Wiring:
    Inhibitor switch needs to be bridged. Thats it. Will find colours and post back here

Clutch:
    Put manual spigot in feezer overnight
    With the trans still attached, remove trans-engine braces and remove the torque converter-flex plate bolts through the lower half of the sandwich plate
    Remove starter, trans bolts and trans
    Centre punch auto spigot and drill 4mm hole in it until it releases tension and pops out
    Hammer manual spigot into trans
    Remove flexplate
    Install 9 bolt flywheel and clutch

Gearbox is like any gearbox and easier to do if you drop the front subframe down a little and angle the motor so the rear points down. You can use a small case box (ie RB20) but things like the driveshaft need to be changed to suit.

I think that's it tbh

• Winner Winner x 3
  4. Mr.Doug

Mr.Doug New Member

Perfect man your a life saver thanks!!

5. Shannonplattsc35

Shannonplattsc35 New Member

Hey mate,did you do still know what wires are for the inhibitor switch? I'm all done on my manual swap but cant find any info lol.

Any help would be amaising.
    Churr

6. BenRice

@Shannonplattsc35 I joined the black with purple trace with the yellow with red trace and we were good to go

93721253_544619539538631_7344855033525043200_n.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Shannonplattsc35

Shannonplattsc35 New Member

Thanks bro you the man.job done lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Dylan Field

Dylan Field New Member

Hi I'm just wondering I have a c35 Laurel it had an Rb20de auto last guy took that out fitted a manual rb25det from an r33 skyline with rb25det box but I only have auto back half of the prop shaft, I see jdm garage are selling r32 gtst prop shaft I'm just wondering will that suit what I've got because I cant get a Laurel or r33 prop anywhere

9. BenRice

You'll need a front half that has a RB25DET transmission yoke (different to RB20DET transmission yoke)

If finding an R33 manual front half of a prop shaft is difficult then try find just the RB25DET yoke & find an automatic C35 front half (so no issues with it mating up to the rear half you have), then get the yoke swapped over by an engineering shop. Just measure it so you're 100% on your engagement

IIRC the C35 front half has the universal in it, whereas the S13/C33/A31/R32 have the universal in the rear half

10. Dylan Field

Dylan Field New Member

Thanks for the reply has cleared up alot thanks just didnt know what was going to suit cheers

11. MrLorryPoki

MrLorryPoki New Member

Hi I was wondering how do you get the speedo and reverse lights to work I'm not the best a wiring so need help on a r33 20det box!

12. Shiv

Shiv New Member

Hey can you post some photos of the clutch pedal and how it was installed? Thanks!

13. BenRice

I didn't get those hooked up so can't help sorry

No photos but once you peal back the carpet & cut away the sound deadening you will see the holes - the fire wall is two or three layers of sheetmetal. The layer on the inside has holes already cut out for the studs & centre bore. You just need to drill through the remaining one or two layers of sheetmetal

14. James House

James House New Member

Hi All,

I am currently sorting parts for my own C35 Conversion and I have seen this R33 Package at JDM Garage UK.

This package includes the following
    1x Genuine Nissan Clevis R Clip
    1x Genuine Nissan Clevis Pin
    8x Genuine Nissan Gearbox Bolts
    2x Genuine Nissan Nuts
    1x Genuine Nissan Speed Sensor
    1x Genuine Nissan Speedo Drive Pinion
    1x Genuine Nissan Speedo Drive Clip
    1x Genuine Nissan Clutch Sleeve
    1x Genuine Nissan Clutch Release Fork
    1x Genuine Nissan Clutch Slave Cylinder
    1x Genuine Nissan Manual Gearbox
    1x Genuine Nissan Front Cover Assembly
    1x Genuine Nissan Manual Spigot Bush
    2x Genuine Nissan Snap Rings
    1x Genuine Nissan Shift Lever
    1x Genuine Nissan Gearstick Rubber Boot
    1x Genuine Nissan Shift Boot Rubber
    1x Genuine Nissan Shift Boot Retainer
    1x Genuine Nissan Shifter Rubber Seal
    1x Genuine Nissan Clutch Pedal
    1x Genuine Nissan Clutch Pedal Bracket
    1x Genuine Nissan Clutch Pedal Bolt
    1x JDMGarageUK Replacement Propshaft
    1x Xtreme 240mm Heavy Duty Organic Flywheel (Push Style)
    1x Xtreme Chromoly Flywheel
    1x Aftermarket Clutch Master Cylinder
    1x JDMGarageUK Clutch Conversion Line
    1x ARP Pressure Plate Bolt Kit
    1x ARP Flywheel Bolt Kit

This if for an Auto R33 with a 25DET Box

If I were to get this package, the only things I'd need would be the Trans mount, Handbrake and Tail and then the front half of the RB25DET drive shaft?

Am I missing anything? Would I need the entire handbrake assembly? The only ones I can find are GTR handbrakes in Japan. Imagining these would fit no problem?

Many Thanks

#14 James House, Jan 3, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2023
  15. Stylepoints.180

Stylepoints.180 New Member

fitting a normal hand brake in a car that had a foot brake stock isnt simple, youll need to make a hand brake bracket to weld to tunnel, youll need hand brake cables, new rear brakes that work on a normal hand brake, youll need centre console trim that fit, etc etc

16. James House

James House New Member

A hand brake bracket can be fab'd at the time of the conversion so that's not a problem, the cables will come attached with the handbrake so that shouldn't be a problem either (I think)

Only issue is finding a R33 Handbrake as the only ones I can find are R34 GTR, but I am lead to believe that it shouldn't make a difference.

I don't believe the back end will need to be changed at all, no guide for Skylines, Stageas or Laurels mention this. I could be wrong.

Will probably remove the centre console trim until a suitable C35 Manual trim can be sourced. Another stupidly uncommon part.

17. Stylepoints.180

Stylepoints.180 New Member

good luck finding a manual centre console when the c35 only came automatic from factory, unless someone makes an aftermarket console for it

18. James House

James House New Member

I believe Bee*r sold a manual trim panel years ago with the proper spacing for the handbrake, it's what I was referring to as no factory option exists.
    They are batshit expensive though hence suitable.