The road to competition in my top mount turbo'd s14a

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by dandadude, Aug 4, 2018.

1. dandadude

dandadude Active Member

Some pics from BHP, got loads more just haven't uploaded them yet, the last being my fav, a random guy in the crowd got a pic of me giving Nick the thumbs up, winner!

51406856238_21d15c95f3_b. Bhp fuelfest 2021 by Daniel Collins, on Flickr

51407346679_aab0429b78_b. Bhp fuelfest 2021 by Daniel Collins, on Flickr

51355610888_aba29afeb9_b. Bhp fuelfest by Daniel Collins, on Flickr

2. Threadmark: Semi's vs road tyres
    dandadude

dandadude Active Member

Latest video out last night:

3. Threadmark: Hydro's
    dandadude

dandadude Active Member

Little update, last local drift day I did at Zoyland unfortunately 2nd gear blew up near the end of the day, car is currently sat in the drive feeling sorry for itself. I've been busy with other things but managed to get time to make a quick video about hydro's and my views. Let me know what ya think.

4. Threadmark: New start
    dandadude

dandadude Active Member

So sadly the time had come to sell the 14, the price and availability of parts is getting pretty crazy compared to when I was first crashing it, so that plus the box blowing and again all upgraded box options being silly money I made the sad decision after lots of tooing and froing to let it go... The person I sold it to has since took the bits they wanted off and sold the car on again I'm pretty sure with a working box. All is not lost though, I decided to buy an mx5.... Then bought another, so I now have 2 :euge:

I will start a new thread for the pair of them soon but just so you can see what I've gone and bought, here's a video of each, I am hoping to do a lot more updates on Youtube this year so please sub and like the video's if you enjoyed them as making much more effort to make well edited video's with better content.

The first one I bought which is a mk2 'Icon edition' which is pretty stock minus a set of coilovers:

And the second one I bought which has been ridden like a village bike... But ignoring the problems is a good base as it's turbo'd and been mapped previously.

Let me know what ya think :thumbs:

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Threadmark: 1st mx5 drift day
    dandadude

dandadude Active Member

Haven't had chance to start a new thread yet so here's the first drift day in my mx5. Went better than I thought, mx5 feels like a mini s body so think I will keep it and spend some time making a lock kit and set it up best I can.