Saab engined Audi S4 (page 18)

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Andy P, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Andy P

Andy P Member

Keeping my word and keeping this thread updated. I've made a start on getting the pedal box fitted and have bought everything I need to get the brake and clutch plumbed in.

I sold the DIY pedal box some time ago purely because having the MC's behind the pedals lead to bulkhead issues and lack of legroom. Got £150 for them which I was pleased with, and put that towards a billet obp set with the MC's underfoot.

IMG_20180529_091042_357.

I did end up getting the pedals powder coated and added grip tape to them before they were sold.

They got replaced with ...
    PXL_20210108_203454032.PORTRAIT.

Even with the reversed MC's the bulkhead needed some work. After short deliberation..
    IMG-20210108-WA0005.

And a bit more chopping with a bit of CAD weire here..
    PXL_20210116_165120793.

Just go to transit that to some 3mm plate which I'm off to do shortly.

I've also got the reservoirs mounted up. Take no notice of the feed lines, they're going to get routed properly soon.
    PXL_20210112_235609475.

Off to the garage now...

2. cs40racing

cs40racing New Member

Andy what is up?! It's Carlos from S40Concepts. I tried emailing you a couple of times (to your hotmail acct) but never got a response?! Was doing some research this evening and came across this so figured I'd sign up. Your Audi looks crazy! I'm still working the Volvo as well, have made much progress since the last time we communicated. Drop me an email when you get a chance!

• Like Like x 1
  3. T4spanish

T4spanish New Member

Hello Andy, I would be interested in buying everything related to Evo for my volvo s40, can you help me? Thank you, my email is mojarroberu@hotmail.com

4. Andy P

Andy P Member

WOW, how did I not see this?! I've just picked up your email from June 2020 and replied! Hope it finds you well!

5. Andy P

Andy P Member

Hi, I'll try to help where I can, can you drop me a message?

6. Andy P

Andy P Member

WELL!

Thought I'd bump this thread up with a bit of an update.... Yep, its STILL a project :wack::wack: and yep, its still not running and driving :cry:

But thought you might like something to look at all the same lol.

So, I mentioned I got myself a TIG welder a couple of years back, learnt how to use it and started knocking up bits so made some 3" intercooler pipes -

And a filler neck for the coolant. Not planning on running an expansion tank if I can help it.

And every now and then I dust it off so it looks like a car that might actually run one day. I checked an old splitter from the Volvo under the front... just because

I've changed plans on the ECU front and will be running MaxxEcu, which means I can also run a DBW throttle body, so I knocked this up and welded an extension directly to a Bosch 82mm TB so I can just run a silicone hose joiner without buying an expensive adapter

continued...

7. Andy P

Andy P Member

Made some skirts out of aluminium, look ok but I'm not completely happy with them - but turns out they're not deep enough anyway so I need to re-make them lol

Decided the Brembo 18Z 6 pots wouldn't be up to the task so got my wallet out and bought a set of AP CP9660's and was going to make my own brackets but then a set of brackets and bells turned up on ebay (from Darkside dev.) for a TT and they were cheap enough to take a punt on. Low and behold they fitted up! I'm using ex BTCC floating rotors 368x36mm and BTCC pads. Should work a treat!

Now here's the big bit of work I've done. In my mind making a turbo manifold is a bit of a right of passage as a fabricator so took the plunge and had a go. It wasn't without its challenges and the design changed about 5 times :smash:

Starting it

Thought this was good...

But it wasn't so I did it again...

Continued....

8. Andy P

Andy P Member

And changed it again...

And again!!

And finally, added a Turbosmart antilag valve ALV40! :thumbs:

And finally for your update today, the MaxxEcu can also control the BMW DCT so I've decided to ditch the BMW manual 6 speed and in comes this beauty

I've been spending a LOT of time on the fwd volvo as well - planning on racing it next year in thunder saloons but assume you guys are interested in that because lack of skid ability :cool:

Oh, if you like what you see, subscribe to the youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/andyponting

and follow me on IG :thumbs::thumbs:

Enjoy :)

9. adomz

adomz Fixin`Repairin

Oh my, how have i have missed this! Thought it is forgotten!

Great work!