V8 Drift Daily - GS430??

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by fishter1, Jan 5, 2022.

1. fishter1

fishter1 New Member

So I'm looking to get back into drifting and I fancy a V8 that I can use for occasional daily driving as well as some Drift Days..

My search has obviously gone through the BMW 540's and over to something with a 1/3UZ engine like the GS430.

I was just wondering why we don't tend to see many GS430's as drift cars? Is it because they're all Auto as standard, or are they just heavy and not ideal for drifting?

Any recommendations of cars I should be looking at which fit the bill? The other option is obviously a V8 swap but I would prefer something ready made (having said that there's a good chance I'll be doing a transmission swap with whatever I go for anyway).

Thanks!

2. Fraser Mac

Fraser Mac Moderator
    Staff Member

Ive had GS300's and an LS430, the engine is great as standard.

I think what's stopping people is the arms are expensive and a manual conversion isn't cheap.

great cars, you've just got to spend some money.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RozeTheHornet

RozeTheHornet Active Member

E39 540i is a brilliant drift car and daily and they come stock manual, would recommend.
    Weld the diff, get an M5 drivers seat if your feeling baller (or a bucket if its more track then daily), some coil overs and your good to go.

• Like Like x 1
  4. fishter1

fishter1 New Member

Thanks for the response! Yeah i've seen a couple of manual swapped cars for sale but they dont tend to come around very often. Will keep them in mind but I guess there are many other alternatives available

5. fishter1

fishter1 New Member

Thanks! I'm a massive BMW fan and the E39 540i is something I've been considering for a while. Good to hear they work well from stock with little work required.

I've also been somewhat tempted by an E9x 335i after see videos of James Deane's practice car but I am missing the V8 noise....