Silvia S15 Gearbox swap (RB26)

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Timmy Telebrant, May 24, 2022.

1. Timmy Telebrant

Timmy Telebrant New Member

Hi!

Anyone knows how the Rb26 gearbox fits to the S15 Chassie? i know people put bmw,350z,rb25 boxes on with a adapter plate to the engine and with some small modifications.

2. crazyae86

crazyae86 Well-Known Member

hey mate
    rb26 is 4x4 tans didnt bolt on on s chassie
    you to cut the floor to make some clear room for axle trans
    if you google it opn yutube soem videos to do this conversion

3. Timmy Telebrant

Timmy Telebrant New Member

Hmm. Okey, i Will continue search on YouTube then, i couldnt find something last time i looked.
    I may get hold of Rb26 + trans + front and rear subframe from Skyline. Thats why im asking. Thanks

4. Andy318ti

Andy318ti Active Member

Hope your good at fabrication....

5. SteveJ

SteveJ New Member

You didnt mention if you required AWD or if you were interested staying 2wd.. If 2wd, use the 30A transmission from Nissan. Can still get the NEO trans new iirc.

$WD is the exact same trans as the 2wd version, unless you are talking about the Getrag 4wd box that is worth more than the chassis you are installing it into .

Alternatively, you could take a 4wd box from a Pathfinder/Xterra, and slip an RB bellhousing on to make a manually activated $WD via transfercase, but then the driveshaft would need to go infront of the crank pully and all sorts of other noise.

Check out KenBlocks car builder's yellow transam for ideas on a junkyard setup.

4wd, the engine needs to be moved. Check out FullRace S14 if you want some pictures on how its done.