Rear mount radiator airflow

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by battlecatdrifting, Oct 21, 2022.

1. battlecatdrifting

battlecatdrifting New Member

We're considering how to make the air flow to our upcoming rear-mount radiators.

We really like the looks of having a louver instead of a big hole for ventilation in the rear window.

mHrpbAf.

But the question is if it's possible for the fans to draw air in through the louver, when driving at speed?
    Wouldn't it be difficult to pull the air through with all the turbulence, causing it to possibly just pull air from the trunk area back into the radiator, causing overheating issues?

I think I may have just answered my own question, I think I just need someone else to tell me it's a bad idea, because I like the looks of it :-)

I know we can make air canals from the rear quarter windows instead or just go with the big hole in the rear window :-)

2. Boogiegato

Boogiegato New Member

I say do the louvers but build a duct through them with a roof scoop to pull the air in. Would look awesome.

3. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

Ducting through the rear 1/4 windows an option?

4. battlecatdrifting

How do you mean with a duct through them? Would the scoop be on the roof of the car then?

5. battlecatdrifting

I would prefer not to, we're going to have the fueling in one of them :-)

6. Andy318ti

Andy318ti Active Member

So long as the front and rear of the rad are partitioned, a good pair of fans will pull air from the front half.
    Should work, worst case you'll have to add a couple of ducts to the 1/4 windows

7. battlecatdrifting

We're gonna make it with the louver then, because of course, we can always make it work somehow

Thanks!