Hydro not locking wheels

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Widowbee3.8, Nov 3, 2022.

1. Widowbee3.8

Widowbee3.8 New Member

Hi I’m just looking for some help I installed my chase bay hydro onto dual caliper (brembos 4 piston) a few days ago and it has pressure on the Handle and locks when the tires are in the air but once I’m in motion driving around it doesn’t I tried to initiate a drift it doesn’t lock it keeps on spinning slowing the car down(yes I’m putting the clutch down when pulling it) any tips on how to make it work? Checked all lines to made sure (they are tight and no leak) also went through a bottle of dot 4 fluid bleeding them and still no change .

2. davidn11

davidn11 New Member

So a few things come to mind.

Firstly, although you've used a whole bottle of dot 4 - have you made sure to get all the air out of the system? Any air in the lines, will significantly decrease performance.

Secondly, what size is the master cylinder on the hydro? The calipers you are running sound pretty big, so the size of the master cylinder that your hydro is running might not be ideal for your calipers. This could be causing hesitation in your wheels locking up - so that could be changed.

Finally, although it seems obvious - make sure you're pulling that hydro as quick as possible and provoking the car enough to cause it to slip. If you're travelling at a slow speed in a straight line, and slowly pulling the hydro, it will almost act like normal brakes. Try driving with a bit of speed, turn a direction, and pull the hydro as sharp as possible.

Hope some of this helps.

3. Widowbee3.8

Widowbee3.8 New Member

I bleed the system for about 15 min switching between breaks so I’m hoping there was no air in it and I’m suing a .75 for the master and i contacted chase bay and they said it should be good with that cylinder and i haven’t tried while turning yet but i was pulling it fast on a straight line.

4. davidn11

davidn11 New Member

It's hard diagnosing over the internet, especially without knowing the details of things. Some pictures of your set up would help. Like the hydro, the calipers, and maybe the lines running from the hydro to the calipers.

Since you're running dual calipers, it does make troubleshooting much easier tho. The set up for dual should be very simple. It should just be one line running from the hydro to a t-piece, with each branch from the t-piece running to each caliper. The hydro should have some sort of reservoir attached to it?? (either moulded part of the cylinder, or a screw on).

Chris fix does a great video on how to instal one properly, would recommend watching ->

Sorry if you've literally done all of this, but at this stage, I'm just guessing. I still think it's either a cylinder size problem, or you're just not giving it enough welly to get the rear end to lock up. But it could also be that you're car is very gripped up, or you've done you're lines wrong somewhere.

The possibilities are kind of endless. I think the best strategy is to make sure that all the installation components are done correctly. Then move on to correct parts. Then correct usage.

5. oscar

oscar Member

That master cylinder is too big.
    Try a 0.625

6. Jimbaw

Jimbaw Member

I've got exactly the same issue with the chasebays hydro

7. davidn11

davidn11 New Member

@Jimbaw - What size is your cylinder?

8. Jimbaw

Jimbaw Member

Same as OP. It's the one that comes with the chasebays kit (.75)
    I've got twin 350z brembos in the rear

9. oscar

oscar Member

10. Widowbee3.8

Widowbee3.8 New Member

If you are able to solve it lmk i been bleeding it but only slows down the car seems to work a lil but i know it’s not how it’s supposed to feel.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. oscar

oscar Member

Der....
    its bigga it must be betta.

12. oscar

oscar Member

13. oscar

oscar Member

Given that the Chase Bays handbrake has no provision to change the pivot points you are fucked unless you fit a smaller master cylinder or calipers with bigger pistons.
    Given that you appear to be ignorant, l'd say yer fucked.:D

14. Jimbaw

Jimbaw Member

Who are you arguing with??

15. oscar

oscar Member

Not you.

16. Fraser Mac

Fraser Mac Moderator
    Staff Member

Can everyone be less weird?

17. oscar

oscar Member

I guess you mean me?
    l'll explain.
    Someone asks for help from people with experience, generally speaking this kind of help costs money.
    The answer is obvious to the experienced and they offer the information for free hoping it will help.
    The person completely ignores the answer for whatever reason and does not even acknowledge with a reply, presumably because they don't want to hear the answer.
    Sorry if my response seems weird, it is probably borne out of frustration.....

18. Fraser Mac

Fraser Mac Moderator
    Staff Member

Most you can do is give your advice, if someone doesn't want to follow it then that's their issue right?

Its all good brother,

#18 Fraser Mac, Nov 14, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2022
  19. oscar

oscar Member

Good call thanks.
    I'll not bother in the future.