Sunny Coupe?!

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by ringer, Dec 27, 2007.

1. ringer

ringer HOOooo!

How much is this crying out for a Sunny Turbo 4wd floor pan, and some 'hell of welded diff'?

SUNNYZX005.

SUNNYZX009.

SUNNYZX006.

SUNNYZX001.

SUNNYZX008.

unit053.

unit055.

unit040.

unit056.

unit008.

2. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

One of many cars that should have never been FWD.

They like a less shit looking S12.

3. TwinCamDill

TwinCamDill Member

looks so like a ae86

4. theholty

theholty OH NOES

theres one near my parents house that an old man has owned from brand new its minter than a minty mint thing, looks like it could have driven off the forecourt yesterday!

Like stav says, classic case of a car that should have been rwd :(

5. stueywalls1

stueywalls1 Member

My nan has had a white one from new but she stopped driving last year so its just sat on the drive way now. Still in mint condition.

Fancy a project anyone lol

6. s13silvia

s13silvia doughnut muncher

Yes every car in the world should've been rear wheel drive :roll:

It should have been, and was, front wheel drive - it was built around that idea of being a front wheeler hot hatch/coupe, and did a damned good job! The LSD is a bit funny and not fantastic, but its a great torquey lil engine, and 200sx engines are near-as-damnit a direct install! The hatch version is my fave to be honest.

Shame, its a gorgeous looking car - but even in that condition would be worth 800 quid tops I reckon! :(

In reply to the very top suggestion, I dont know about the coupe, but the hatch's did come with 4wd as an option on the lower specs. People in greece have a few running SR20det's and 4wd on them! One saloon is running HUGE power! Have a friend who also has a gorgeous saloon with ZX kit, and running a CA18det, and drives very well on the coilovers by all accounts!

#6 s13silvia, Dec 28, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
  7. Mad Cas

Mad Cas wrecked

I really like sunny coupes. Used to have a red CA18DE powered one and it was a cracking car, until a late night surrey touge deer incident finished it off. I'd love another, how cool would it be with S13 driveline, but keep the N/A lump. Can you say 'Nissan AE86?'

Hit me up then Stuey, :D is it a CA or E series engine in it do you know?

8. s13silvia

Going by my s13 silvia Q's (ca18de) it wouldn't be all that great :smash: Handling was great and power delivery was nice and linear meaning a controllable car, but when 1.3 seat's can pee all over you it ruins the appeal :wack:

9. Mad Cas

Mad Cas wrecked

My coupe never had that problem, it was quick as fuck. Mind you, that was with FWD running gear and resultant minimal drivetrain loss, and without the extra weight incurred by having a rear diff, prop, subframe to carry it etc etc.
    (would be odd tho to drive a sunny coupe and NOT have it torque steer all over the place)

I can imagine in an S13 silvia it would suck a bit. Sunny coupe's don't weigh much, the rear hatch glass is the heaviest part of the car :wack:

10. Pelican

Pelican Member

As far as I know the old 4wd ones are a very different chassis, so swapping the drivetrian over involves a lot of cutting bits out.:(

And that coupe is far too clean.:no:

11. stueywalls1

stueywalls1 Member

Its the ca18de. Been sat on the drive for a while I am sure someone could make a cool project with it :worthy:

12. ringer

ringer HOOooo!

Yes, but Nige, your a complete nutter in yours :worthy::worthy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Jamie-PS13

Jamie-PS13 Active Member

I once had a little play with a 2.0 focus in my CA18DE Silvia. Mine was stripped out. But i seemed to be abit quicker than him. But still :euge:

14. Mad Cas

Mad Cas wrecked

Well I think they are around about 130bhp, in a car the same or lighter then a focus should piss all over a crappy zetec. Man Zetec engines suck, they should have put a pinto in the focus.

The N/A engine doesn't have oil squirters or a seperate crank girdle afaik. but its damn good and doesn't seem to eat big ends with alarming regularity.

Stuey you have PM. :wack:

15. Mason

Mason Active Member

I had the CA16DE of those when i was 16, swapped it for a Playstation, fully black, looked cool as!

16. s13silvia

Just noticed the guy who owns the one above is 18! Lucky bugger!!