DriftUK Round 2 - Comments and review

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by yeager, Sep 26, 2004.

1. MrNick

MrNick I love Ibiza!

cheers phil for the "not worthy" praise and ben and james for there encouragement in practise,although i was sick in total 6 times i still manadged to kill all the tyres that i took with,now the hangover has worn off it seems aparent that i've got some flu type bug,WELL DONE TO YOU GUYS

2. paulsmith

paulsmith Team Japspeed

Photo's don't seem to be working for me

3. Jason

Jason Nurse?

yes why??

4. Matt_S

Matt_S SELLIN' UP!!!

Well done again boys...

Well, it has to be said, the turnout wasnt as good as last time (drivers anyway) but it was just as exciting.
    For me the drive of the day was James. :thumbs:. Ben was very good too - first two wheeled drif Ive ever seen :wack: , but to me James had made big steps since last time...

Like Jase said, if my car had been working I "may" have considered having a little play for £20. As it was, with NO turbo (as you all heard) the car was even less up to the job than me (which is new!) :D

Had a chat with Terry before it all got underway. He was dissapointed about being let down by drivers, tyre fitter and cafe owner... One day Terry all the time and effort will come good. Keep it up. :thumbs:

Well done to all the regulars (Phil, Si, Scott....) And the guy inthe BM Z3 Coupe thingy rocked aswell!
    Nick you are a fecking hero. I think those of us that were there watching were shaking by the time you finished the tyres... Soooooooo close way to many times! :wack: :thumbs:

Shame the other guys werent there (Matt, Paz, James W).

All in all another good day out :)

5. Matt_S

Matt_S SELLIN' UP!!!

And one other thing...

Did anyone see anyone knocking Jasons car???

Seems someone took a liking for his new car and put a nice "drit scar" on the rear drivers side quarter :wack:

Yellow marks...

Did anyone see anything???

6. Jalfrezi

Jalfrezi Member

Really enjoyed it, will definately be attending future ones, especially the proposed Northampton events, as it's just down the road from me :thumbs:

Good points:
    Twin drift was feckin ace :cool:
    Nobody crashed
    Level of drifting was very good IMO
    Spectators close to the track :wave:

Bad points:
    £10 for only 6 runners was a little steep
    Crowd atmosphere was very muted

I still really enjoyed it, respect to the drivers and spectators that did turn up :thumbs: , let's hope this really gets going with events around the country :nod:

7. cptsideways

cptsideways Active Member

I'd be up for driving in these events, but I'll be needing a "cheaper" car to do it in. The hairdryer has a little too much invested in it, but count me in on future events when I've got car2 sorted :thumbs:

8. docwra

docwra Active Member

Fully agree with Nick here - it was a long way to go, and £20 for me and the old man was pretty steep for what was ~2 hours entertainment, but what entertainment :D

James and Phils twin drift was fooking excellent, Bens 2 wheel drifitng was :wack: , yeagers contempt for tyres was unbelievable and I thought the judging was pretty good as well ;) Ben proved that you dont need a tricked up car to perform, which was nice to see.
    Also a big up to Scott in the Pizza - I honestly thought you werent going to stop until the car was knackered or bent ........ :wack:

Very different from the D1, and I preferred it TBH - twin drift has to be seen to be believed - there is only so much a video can do :thumbs: Much more "outlaw" style of drifting - if D1 is shopping at sainsburys, DriftUK is nicking off the back of a lorry ;)

Bit gutted not to see any AE86s down there and I would have liked to have seen some more twin drift, but looking forward to the next one :D

BTW: Jason - your car looks fecking lovely mate :thumbs:

9. Matt_S

Matt_S SELLIN' UP!!!

Doc, the guy in the Pizza was Nick :)

Scott was in the TR8

10. docwra

docwra Active Member

Errrr yer, I was just testing ;)

11. SteveC200

SteveC200 Used to drift, now I don't.

Yeah, they were my bleedin tyres.:D

Ifangyoo.:thumbs:

That'll be Nick then. Scott was in the lush TR8.

12. james

james Administrator
    Staff Member

well I loved it :D (cheers Matt :p)
    the car's running V nicely now and I'm actually getting to the stage where I know how it's going to drive and feel a lot more relaxed pushing it hard :)
    I can honestly say that's the best driving I've ever done by quite a way and I intend to carry on like that :D It just felt soooooooo right :nod:

It was a big shame more people weren't driving :( there were 9 drivers who'd signed up but didn't show :( Also a shame about the number of spectators..... I've said it before, but I think Terry would make twice as much money by charging half the amount. I know loads of people who'd turn up for a look for a fiver, but not many who would spend a £10 on something they weren't sure of.....

Also sucking was the lack of tyre changing facilities, but that was totally outside of Terry's control and was hopefully an isolated incident.

absolutely, we're bound to have some teething problems to start with and we all accept that. If we can help in future, just shout :)

13. james

james Administrator
    Staff Member

oh yeah, nearly forgot to say :rolleyes: cracking pictures Mart :thumbs: really looking forward to seeing the rest :)
    I got a couple of good ones myself I'll get posted ASAP :)

14. Plague

Plague AMDIMINSTRATOR
    Staff Member

looked good. Nice photos. However £10 to come and have a look is just too high. There were quite a few people here at work that said they'd come and watch, but decided against it when they found out it was £10 .. that's the same as a full day at Hendsford. I'm sure if it was £5 you'd get at least twice as many people turn up! The more people the more contacts. So I'm sure tyre changing vans and burger vans would be easier to come by.
    Anyway, keep it up :)

15. MrNick

MrNick I love Ibiza!

have to say this is the best uk photo i,ve seen EVER

16. Genjuro

Genjuro keyboard drifter

I reckon i agree with that, someone needs to make a wallpaper of it. :nod:

17. SteveC200

SteveC200 Used to drift, now I don't.

I personally dont think £10 is too steep but then again I'm a drift addict.:) The main thing I can see why people think its too much is the lack of drivers. £10 is too much to see just 6 cars competing, especially when everyone in the qualifying rounds makes it through to the final rounds:wack:. If there were 15+ cars competing then it becomes more of a proper competition, so more exciting and makes the drivers try harder.

I have a feeling that many people arent taking the event seriously though seeing as over 50% of the drivers didnt turn up and neither did the arranged judges. :rolleyes: Not on IMO. If it goes that way again spectators just arent going to turn up.

18. Pikey

Pikey Active Member

ROCKING photos guys :nod: :thumbs:

Damn my car :mad: :o

19. james

james Administrator
    Staff Member

don't you worry, tis on the way :)

I presume the other drivers either had car problems or bottled it cos of the Armco...... I'm not scared :p although I can very much appreciate how easy it is to ruin a perfectly good car there.........

20. Mart

Mart Member

Hopefully its a momentum thing, early days and all that, I remember sitting at Silverstone and seeing mostly empty seats, and it has seemed to go from strength to strength.