1 UZFE running OBX ITB's - Which TPS PLEASE ??

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Trickysadd, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Trickysadd

Trickysadd Member

Hi ,

Apologies if this has been answered but I can't find the info anywhere !

I have a almost built 1uz using OBX ITB's . I know the pros and cons but we have got there and they fit with some billet rails etc.

Now can somebody tell me which TPS to use please ? The std one fits but goes the wrong way ( clockwise ) I need the same size but to go the other way . The interweb....says SR20 ones fit but I've bought two so far and they are a different fitting all together and were expensive !!

If anyone can advise on the right one , they can have a free Nissan O/E SR20 one REF 53JO1...I have two !

Thanks

Rich

2. Trickysadd

Trickysadd Member

Think I have worked it out. Not easy , as Stav said when he was selling his set up.......

3. miffy

miffy Member

i am going through this as we speak , every dealer i have spoke too has said you can use standered fuel rail and tps , maybe there lying or maybe they have changed there product since stavros had that problem years ago but i would also like this clearing up

4. Trickysadd

Trickysadd Member

If I was to do it again I would choose a different set up. As Stav pointed out on his advert some time ago the angle of the trumpets is not great and the set up generally leaves a little to be desired.

With the OBX ITB's, they are cheap , which is good, BUT standard fuel rails do not fit without modification. The injector holes in the OBX manifolds are larger than std 1 UZ ( not too much of an issue ) . The std TPS will not fit as it spins the wrong way and the OBX inlet manifolds also require some modification to the castings to fit to the heads.
    In the end I threw the fuel rails away and used billet rails from BPS and bosch 1000cc injectors. The rails still needed brackets to fit but more worthwhile with something that looks nice as well !!

As I said at the top I believe Rennsport do a set up of ITB's . At £4k I expect it fits perfectly. I would be surprised if they have changed the set up.

Nev at F1 moto near Brands Hatch also has some ITB options and is a great bloke if you need help with anything 1uz.

I've got there and they are now ready to be fitted after the dry build but it took time.

Rich

5. Trickysadd

Trickysadd Member

Well after being sent two from America that look the same but are different to the ones in their ebay photos I have given up and will call some experts....