New wheel from Rota - the Rota GKR is now available!

Thread in 'Driftworks Products & Enquiries' started by BigJames, Jun 17, 2010.

Tags:
  1. BigJames

BigJames A.K.A Jay

Fresh into the warehouse are these awesome new Rota GKR wheels... Available in 3 colours as 18x9.5 5x114.3 ET30

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RRP on these is £920 with £25 shipping to the UK but for a limited time you can get them for £900 delivered
    Give us a call on 0845 86 92 555 or email us at sales@driftworks.com if you would like to order - they are so new we havent even had a chance to upload them to the shop yet!

2. Cowpatmatt

Cowpatmatt Active Member

anything that makes them special eg, light weight, made from something exotic or just simply a new design?

3. Toolman

Toolman Member

They look feckin gash!!!
    You'd be one retarded mo fo to pay all that dollar for them! :wack:

4. mint

mint touch my fruit

Rota GKR.. a.k.a. Enkei NT03

[​IMG]

Do Rota actually plan on producing a single wheel they have designed them selfs? Or is that how costs are cut? By slacking on the actual 'lets design a wheel' part of the making a wheel process? Not hating.. just asking.

5. Trixta

Trixta Member

Why would they?

Why design a wheel that may or may not be appealing to people, when you can just copy a design that you know is appealing (although personally I think these and the original Enkeis are shocking), and offer it at a cheaper cost, alot probably to do with less R & D costs. Its win win. How many companies out there are making even cheaper wheels, that they went to the time of designing themselves, and are they anyway as popular as Rota? Some people say that Rota are stupid or lack imagination, I think the exact opposite, they are very clever people.

People can hate, but their in it for business and to make money, and thats exactly what they are doing.

6. mint

mint touch my fruit

..And ripping off major companies who actually put effort in? Just wait.. if this continues for another 20 years or so when Rota have copied EVERY wheel ever made.. and all major companies go bust because rota are under cutting them.. then rota will have no ability to design anything thus we'll be stuck forever.. with the same pish. (over-exaggeration but you see my point im trying to make right?)

This isnt a rota debate. I just asked if they 'plan' on actually making a wheel that’s not actually stolen from another company. Driftworks being retailers would know of all people. As I said, Not hating.. just asking.

Your not wrong though - What they are doing is indeed VERY smart, for them. In business terms very good for business indeed, steal peoples ideas and save money. Just shows they have little interest in the people there actually ripping apart, which is a shame. ""There looking out for the people who dont want to spend stupid money on wheels!"" - without the companies there ripping up, rota wouldnt be here ;)

7. Cowpatmatt

Cowpatmatt Active Member

there would be copyright laws on this so rota will of payed enkei for the rights to use the design so no one looses out.

Also are the top ones white or is it a crappy grey? Might just be my dodgy screen

8. Jord

Jord drifted.com

Its one thing copying nice wheels, but copying the ugliest wheels Enkei made?!

Whats next, Ronal Teddybears?!

9. lewyS14a

lewyS14a Active Member

If Enkei did or did not it still kills a little bit inside of me to see my favourite wheels copied :(

10. ducatichick

ducatichick Drift Spice

Sorry but I'm with Jord. Who's idea was it to copy these wheels? Vulgar!

11. Cowpatmatt

Cowpatmatt Active Member

Is £900 cheap then?? how come they cost so much, Not even split rims or anything.

12. Trixta

Trixta Member

I understand what your saying, and dont get me wrong I'm not a massive rota fan myself. But you'd also be very naive to think that Work, Watanabe, SSR etc all couldnt sell their products at much lesser profit margins if they really "cared" so much. Everyones in it to make money at the end of the day, the major brands can afford to charge more effectively because of their label, similar to the fashion industry. So they're not just poor innocent victims either. 2k+ for a set of Watanabes? Do you think they cost that much relative to manufacter and sell back in the 80s, or before they were so desireable?

But this is thread hijacking and Rota no longer seem to be the cheap and cheerfull brand they use to be in my opinion.

13. mint

mint touch my fruit

Exactly let's not clog this poor thread up :) I'll be quiet

14. Bladerider

Bladerider Ajudged scoundrel !!

These wheels only ever had one saving grace....

....they were light as feck !!!

The Rota's wont be, they are starting to get more expensive, and as Mint says they still havent come up with their own design for a wheel yet, so these I think are most likely a bit of a loser.

J.

15. Paz

Paz -NIGHTSPIRIT FAMILY- UK Drift Since 2001

I think they are cool, and they are my favourite Enkei wheel by a long way, i love em! Its horses for courses really, but for me long gone are they days when i used to pay £400 for ONE 15" RS Watanabe... I must of been soft in the head haha.

Arent GTR-D's an original design?

#15 Paz, Jun 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  16. sideways.taff

sideways.taff - www.tafftune.com -

No lol.. they're a copy of the Nismo LMGT4's that were made in 10.5j

[​IMG]

17. Pure Performance UK

Pure Performance UK Active Member

that inner ring bit looks crap and like it could very easily snap. I know it probably couldn't but it still makes me nervous. much nicer wheels for same money out there.

18. Captain Muppet

Captain Muppet Pro-tard

Copyright is for writing. Patents are for ideas. Registered Designs are for styling. Unless Enkei registered the designs in the UK (which they probably didn't) they won't get a penny.

19. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

20. Bladerider

Bladerider Ajudged scoundrel !!

Hahaha !!

Made me lulz !!

:D