s13 v8 owners or people with a bit of v8 experience

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Boo_kong, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Boo_kong

Boo_kong aka boo_kong

if i don't find a c.a anytime soon I'm thinking about putting a v8 in the sil80:nod:
    iv been looking at the Lexus LS400 v8:smokin:

if i buy the whole car am i right in saying i will have everything i need to get the job done?

i know its going to be a lot of fabrication work etc but the whole v8 idea has really grabbed my attention, especially after working along side Nev's car for the past 3 months or so. (top car by the way):thumbs:http://www.driftworks.com/forum/dri...moto-ae86-1uz-fe-itbd-nosd-nissan-killer.html

anyways just your thoughts on this engine or if you think theres a better suited engine/setup please let me know.

also if you've had any experience with v8 and s13's what custom parts would i expect to have to folk out for?

any help would be a grate help.

Cheers' Dave

[​IMG]

#1 Boo_kong, Jul 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
  2. Bolf

Bolf Resident Nut Job.

3. croustibat

croustibat Member

or just driftworks s15.

4. superclarkey

superclarkey DORITECH MOTORSPORT

5. pizzaboy

pizzaboy Rogue Tripper

Am liking the ride:smokin: Is that a stock bonnet you've cut and shaped?

6. Boo_kong

Boo_kong aka boo_kong

o dear

SEX

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3mbtCgE_kM]YouTube - Team D:MON UZS13 home from mapping, starting from cold and a quick blip[/ame]
    [ame=http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/Jas22/?action=view&current=14062009020.flv]14062009020.flv video by Jas22 - Photobucket[/ame]

thanks for the link Bolf:)

7. H7ERO

H7ERO Member

8. Boo_kong

Boo_kong aka boo_kong

yes mate.
    took 1 hour with a grinder and pop rivets.

9. Boo_kong

Boo_kong aka boo_kong

i couldn't find much on that? the only real thing i did come up with was this [ame=http://vimeo.com/5282678]Scooter's VH45 S13 on Vimeo[/ame] and a NISSAN INFINITY but it Say's they are a v6? tell me more......

10. superclarkey

Have you seen the Japspeed V8 Twin turbo machine that i converted to VH45 ??

11. Boo_kong

Boo_kong aka boo_kong

nope?

12. superclarkey

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjcyQ6C3nnk&feature=related]YouTube - SHANE LYNCH JAPSPEED S15 V8 TWIN TURBO[/ame]

13. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

unless youve been very busy during your break from driftworks studying mechanics, i wouldnt bother.

its not exactly an easy job, your looking at a lot of fabrication. nearly all jap v8s are automatic, so youve got a manual conversion on top of that. plus the wiring.

yep steves was great. however took 2 years to build.

and i think its safe to say shane lynchs prob cost more than a couple of pounds to make

as with a lot of things on here, if you have to ask how to do it, id not recommend taking it on.

14. superclarkey

I know the Japspeeds V8 wasn't cheap, but it could be if you wanted just a nice V8 N/A, they produce 300bhp and can rev to 7500rpm.. so very cool, the vh41 is ment to be even better as it can rev nicer.

15. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

oh yeah, dont get me wrong, i went round lydden hill in steves 13, and was awesome, but my point was its a bit more complex than an SR swap, and i wouldnt recommend doing it unless your pretty clued up with the wiring, fabrication and the like

16. superclarkey

yeah i agree on the technical skill side of the conversion... it made me have to think a bit to make it fit good :D

17. theholty

theholty OH NOES

which is a 2jz straight six unless I've been smoking crack??

18. Thomas

Thomas Needs seattime ASAP

Apex V8

All you need then is a LS1 or LS2 with gearbox, some extra bits and a lot of work with a spanner. :D
    Seriously though, would probably be a little more difficult then that, but atleast you'd have some major parts sorted.

BTW, anybody know how much a LS2 with manual box goes for these days?

19. Boo_kong

Boo_kong aka boo_kong

iv not got a problem with any of the fabrication work thats the easy part as far as I'm conserned... I've been doing that sort of thing for years now.

as per my first post i was asking if it was a good choice to go with the LS400 v8? and if not what would be recommended:nod:
    also any problems anyone has came across.. if i find out now i know what to expect.
    i think the hardest thing for me will be making the prop fit and pissing around with the wiring:smash: but thats where shearing a shed with Nev helps :p everything else i can't see me having much a problem with to be honest. if i get stuck i have plenty of people who can help me out:D

superclarkey thanks for the recommended setup dude but a turbo isn't what I'm looking for, sorry mate.
    it would be awesome but turboing it would just be making more work for my self.
    wicked setup and all but if i was going v8 i will be only looking to NA.:thumbs:

20. Ruishy1

Ruishy1 Active Member

pah SC or turbo the fooker, the 1uzfe loves boost !
    fingers crossed by nect week my DIY SC'd soarer V8 will be ready to run :D