S14 Offsets and Arch Rub

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Pulsatingstar, Nov 6, 2004.

1. Pulsatingstar

Pulsatingstar -NIGHTSPIRIT FAMILY-

Just put on some 9" +20 with 255's onto the rear. Rubs a lot. If I go to 235 (which I have) is this going to sort it, or should I just give up and put the standard wheels back on?

Phil/James etc any advice as you must have tried a lot of wheels and stuff by now.

2. Bon Bon

Bon Bon It'll be fine

Mr hammer, meet mr arch.... If they're not rolled then perhaps that's the answer, not necessarily with the 'smack it with a hammer' technique though.

Anyway, why running 255s? Totally excessive! You're obsessed with 255s Lee, 255s on the RX7, 255s on the S14, what, do your cars all have 500bhp or something? :p

#2 Bon Bon, Nov 6, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2004
  3. PhilMorrison

PhilMorrison Driftworks Owner
    Staff Member

Is the car lowered? wheres it hitting? if it's just the arch then do what Astonman says and :smash: , 235's will definatly help. Mine are 9.5 +20, and the wheels clear..

4. Pulsatingstar

I dont want 255's. I have 235's here and im probably going to go to Bovingdon tomorrow to get them fitted. They are on 255 cause they are off a GTR (and have been on the RX7 which they also rubbed on lol).

Phil, its not lowered which is probably making it worse. Standard body roll onto the wheel I think.

5. james

james Administrator
    Staff Member

the wheels are fine although you may need to hammer the lip flat on your rear arches. Those tyres are just too wide though.
    I run 17x9J et20 with 225/45/17 and no rubbing problems at all

6. Pulsatingstar

Never did get the tyres changed :rolleyes:

Guy at Bovingdon wanted £6 a wheel and I needed four doing so stuff that. Have to try next week now.

7. Pulsatingstar

Just got 235's on the rear. It seems to not rub now (havnt really flung it anywhere) and also looks pimp so thanks guys :)

I do however have a problem in that I didnt look properly at the tyres I had here didnt have enough for the fronts. I need to have in the next couple of days 2 235,225 or maybe even 215 17's (decent for road use).

Im prepared for quite a bit of travel to get them as Ive fucked up on this and need to sort it pretty quick. Can offer money, 255 or 245 tyres in exchange or sex if I get really desperate :dermal:

Anyone got some available?

Thanks!

Lee