Zeal Coilovers

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Grey_S13, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Grey_S13

Grey_S13 USDM Tyte YO!

Hi there I was just wondering if anybody would be able to help me i have recently purchased an S13 180sx with Zeal coilovers and was wondering
    if anyone maybe be able to poit me in the right direction as i trying to find a company in the uk that would be able to rebuild them as one of the front
    dampers has started knocking and also the bushes look like they are shot to hell.

Thank in advance

Grey

2. Aico

Aico Member

Don't think you can do it in the UK. Best guess is to ship it back to Japan. You can try and open it up, but I don't think you will be so lucky that companies here have the right parts to rebuild it. Open it up and then you'll see if it can be done.

3. SuperRetard

SuperRetard Active Member

I just found my JIC magics are relatively simple inside. The suspensiony inner bits are standard size and simply unscrew out. I've now mended my broken strut and a mate on the inside at a UK suspension guru has offered to rebuild them.

Doesn't help you, but if you have a ring around some of the motorsports companies you may get lucky.

4. Grey_S13

Grey_S13 USDM Tyte YO!

Well out of all the companies that i've rung round today everyone keeps telling me to send them back to japan so if you have a contact number
    for somebody that could be of assistance i would be very greatful or even if you know of a distributer so i can replace the front dampers with new ones.

5. g11ary

g11ary Member

Im in talks with Zeal as I sell Endless, part of the same group.
    Deal not done so no promises, but send them to me and I'll get the factory to fix and price them.

6. Grey_S13

Grey_S13 USDM Tyte YO!

Could you send me your address then, i have got a guy taking a look at them this weekend but if he can't do anything i will send them onto you.

#6 Grey_S13, Jan 17, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2006
  7. g11ary

g11ary Member

Pistonart
    Turnagain Farm
    Hook Green Lane
    Wilmington
    DA2 7AJ

8. Grey_S13

Grey_S13 USDM Tyte YO!

Well i found out it is going to be impossible to get these coilovers refurbished locally so it looks as if i am going to have to bite the bullet and replace them.
    Has anyone used DW type 1 coilovers and tell me what the quality of these items is as i am going to be on a budget.