will s14 rotors be ok with my s13 calipers???

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by rocky_drifter, Nov 30, 2010.

1. rocky_drifter

rocky_drifter Member

Hi, im trying so sort out what i need for a 5 stud conversion on my 1994 180sx, i have been researching here on driftworks and from what i understand all i need is the ichiba kit with a set of s14 rotors. but my only question is will the s14 rotors be okay with my standard 1994 s13 calipers??? any help would be greatly appreciated guys im still quite the novice with the technical stuff....

2. rocky_drifter

rocky_drifter Member

Forgot to mention also can my original s13 calipers be just drilled to suit the new 5 stud hubs?

3. JDMtom

JDMtom Member

best bet for you would be to have a look on sxoc.co.uk

they have a massive walk through on there :thumbs:

4. rocky_drifter

rocky_drifter Member

thanks man, been looking on there and they seem to be taking the much more expertise route than that of i would be capable of. At the minute im not interested in a brake upgrade or anything else just want a nice set if 5 stud rims i have my eye on!

Ive seen those spacer kits which can turn a four stud to five stud but no one seems to be using them, my guess is because they are shit and dangerous and would mean you would have to use a thinner wheel size than desired?

5. zeppelin101

zeppelin101 Member

Get your 13 discs redrilled.

The spacers aren't a problem, you just need gash wheels to fit a wheel under a standard arch or overfenders to fit something useful.

6. rocky_drifter

rocky_drifter Member

:worthy: Thanks a million for the help guys!!! :worthy: