Where you buy oil for your engine?

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Clu3X, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Clu3X

Clu3X Member

Hi

I know that many people order oil online, i want ask you about site`s with best price of oil.

I need to buy oil asap, but i loooking for good prise.

Cheers

2. Captain Muppet

Captain Muppet Pro-tard

I buy at Halfords with a trade card. Cheap and no treking miles to a depot after a failed delivery.

3. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

Opie Oils.

4. Blackett

Blackett No Comment

5. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

depends what engine. if its something nice, opie oils

if its a ca, tesco finest

6. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

Sure Danni will be along in a minute to plug Miller.

Look, already done.

7. Clu3X

Clu3X Member

i found opieoils, prise looks fine for me.

Question:
    I have SR20DET about 250bhp, but now i use it as a daily for work (rev up to 3rpm mostly) cause i driving 1300-1400miles/month i need to change oil every 2 months now.

I use before Motul 300V Competition 15W50, but spend 25gbp per month only for oil dosnt sounds good for me.

Cause i cant change car in this moment i need to keep s14 driving as a daily.

And my question is what is best oil for me right now (good prise to quality)

I found this and i thing it should be fine?
    Gulf Competition 15w-50 racing engine oil | motor oil

Or maybe you have some other ideas?

8. turbomalv

turbomalv Member

Opie oils everytime and have gd deals on always

9. Captain Muppet

Captain Muppet Pro-tard

For driving a nearly standard engine on the road I would go for the standard oil grade recommended by Nissan, and I'd stick to the standard service interval too, rather than throwing away perfectly good oil every couple of months.

Why bother saving a couple of quid on price when you're wasting tens of pounds on oil changes you don't need?

10. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

i honestly dont get how much people over rate oil and change it.

every 3000 miles on a road car is ridiculous. especialy if your just pottering along at 3k. i mean absolutely ridiculous.

£25 a month= nearly £300 a year. you could actually get a replacement engine for cheaper.

seriously if i was doing that sort of mileage and never driving on boost, id probably change it once every 6 months at most.

not to mention 15/50? why? standard oil is absolutely fine, most nissan engines we use were made when you couldnt even buy 15/50

11. mo_nonymous

mo_nonymous Member

I just buy mobil motorsport 15w50 from halfrauds with a trade card. Can't be assed ordering stuff online anymore.

12. nicksterrr

nicksterrr Member

Running a ca on olive oil? Something you know that we don't? :wack:

13. Boo_kong

Boo_kong aka boo_kong

jack thats why our engine last and we get to keep our cars lol. i change mine every 3000miles with halfords magnatec

14. be11

be11 camber king

captain muppet's got it right. you will struggle to beat halfords trade prices.

5ltrs of mobil1 15w/50 "motorsport formula" comes to about 32 quid on trade. usualy over £50.

as far as changing oil goes. id usualy change every 3 months or 3k miles. but then my 200 gets a fair amount of abuse.

15. Boo_kong

Boo_kong aka boo_kong

i just spoil my car its like my only child lol

16. superclarkey

superclarkey DORITECH MOTORSPORT

When i had my CA18DET S13 i used to use mobil 1 15/50 in her, one day they didn't have any and i put a basic castrol oil in which was rated for the car, i got to the end of the duel carrageway and the engine was knocking its tits off, the top end was so loud.. let it cool down and drained the oil, it came out like water, never would i go back to cheap oils again.

Mobil 1 is on of the only oils under £50 that doesn't turn to water when hot, thats why everyone uses it, simple.

Oil needs to be changed because it collects particals that float around the engine, you could drain oil and filter it if you could be bothered with microfilters but would take a while, easier to swap oil.

I change my oil PER event, always have done and always will do. I've seen the DW S15 have its oil changed twice on the dyno in the past..

17. DANB

DANB Active Member

i run a decent full synthetic - 10w60 as my engine is shagged and needs thicker oil.

local parts place sells millers for £43 for 5 litres, but saw that Opie has Gulf oils on sale at £30-so ordered from there last week.

18. superclarkey

superclarkey DORITECH MOTORSPORT

Oh and i get my oil from Halfords too, no one can beat £32 for mobil one 15w50 Motorsport.

19. be11

be11 camber king

:nod: :thumbs:

20. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

erm, ive never blown an engine in my life.

im not talking about high spec sr's and 1jzs/rb's

but certainly for a ca18, its simple maths anyone can grasp. chaning oil ten times a year is retarded. just add up the costs. then work out how much a new ca engine costs.

ive ran a few of my ca's on absolute cheap shit oil, lived on the limiter with no problems. they were designed for 10/40. so use 10/40

over engineering and using piss thin oil is not good for them.

just my opinion. if people want peace of mind, then good for them, change oil as much as you want, however i think in figures.

and the figures say its cheaper just to skimp on oil for a ca. as there worthless engines