S12 Silvia

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by dtmpower, Nov 13, 2004.

1. dtmpower

dtmpower Active Member

Buying myself a Silvia now . . . getting it now . . . anyone who can weld the diff ?

John

2. superclarkey

superclarkey DORITECH MOTORSPORT

I can but i'm too far away :D :p

I welded antony's diff up and its still going strong :D

3. the stig

the stig Active Member

4. Colonel K

Colonel K Active Member

how much do you charge mr. stig?

5. dtmpower

dtmpower Active Member

S12 is bought and on the road. Drove it to Winchester and back tonight , all seems ok considering . . . 2 owners from new , last owner for 13 years with 13 MOTS and loads of bills , new turbo (nissan supplied) its white , going about the stripping process in the next few days and then just need to get someone to assist in the diff welding . . . :nod: pics to follow

John :smash:

6. dtmpower

dtmpower Active Member

Can someone (as close as possible to Southampton) offer to weld the diff on my s12 please . . . i need to get some practice in, with the open diff it just spins up the inner wheel big style. or does anyone have a s12 diff you could weld up on a swap basis ?

John :nod:

7. AnimalityRacing

why not just buy a welder from machine mart(sorry if thats considered spamming)
    and weld it yourself, it will be worth it in the long run,all u have to do is weld the spider gears in the diff, but ask around for a better explanation.

you could then use the welder to seam weld the chassis( a must for serious competion)

good luck with the silvia :thumbs:

btw, im new to this board (found u through the article on the final round of english d1 in banzai magazine)

8. dtmpower

dtmpower Active Member

not really an option, as I heard horror stories of the welds busting out making you get a noisey open diff again . . . please can someone do the welding for me

9. Genjuro

Genjuro keyboard drifter

I need mine doing too but didn't have too much luck finding anyone down here, everyone seems to be in the midlands. Maybe someone could arrange a diff welding day where all of us that are too poor to buy shiny diffs could turn up and get them sorted. :wack: