FreddieS's "be nice to have it on the road sometime" S13 Project

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by FreddieS, Jan 15, 2011.

1. FreddieS

FreddieS Active Member

Right, started a few months back, bought a basically stock S13... looked like this -

[​IMG]

Then taped shit up to make it waterproof -

[​IMG]

fitted a full 3" turbo back system, lowered it a bit, and painted a few bits -

[​IMG]

my T25 bit the dust so I fitted a T28R with braided lines etc, along with a stage2 ecu, walbro

In between this I sorted out the interior, the stock cloth seats were shot (drivers side had no foam left in it so you sat on the floor... with a spring in your ring) and fitted a set of S14 leathers (will be replaced by buckets eventually) and a dishy wheel (cheers InitialJ) and HKB boss (Cheers DW)

[​IMG]

Then decided to bite the bullet and buy some wheels for it, the cross-spoke things werent doing it for me, plus they were 15's

so went for 17x8 and 17x9 rays VR's :)

Only got this lame picture of the back, showing the lovely dent in the rear quarter, yay? (and how much fucking tuck there is on my MG Metro :| need to fit my spacers)

[​IMG]

Today I wanted to get it all done, but ended up earning some money instead, so tomorrow im going to fit my FMIC kit, finish off the breather setup and get all the crap out the interior (havent driven it for over 2 months thanks to not having the money to insure it :( transferring my insurance onto it tomorrow which will force me to get it done!)

I know this is average as shit compared to other peoples builds, but ho-hum, money says I cant build an epic car in a couple of months :(

2. FreddieS

FreddieS Active Member

continuing with the average as shit build, i pulled it out of its hole and did some more work on it, mainly fitting the walbro, and stripping the back seats and shit out of it.

only had an hour or so of sunlight so didnt get that much done, but the walbro's in and I started chipping away the sound deadening, nout exciting but its got to be done, some overall pictures of the car -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and while stripping out the back end found (after loosing them 3 months ago) one of my cartons of strikes, wahey

[​IMG]

3. alex_200sx

alex_200sx Active Member

How much for the fags? :D

4. be11

be11 camber king

there some crazy big holes in the tailgate!

5. FreddieS

FreddieS Active Member

4.30 a pack ;) but im keeping them alll MUAHAHAHA

will be welding them up next weekend if the weathers OK, if not i'll try and reverse it into the garage a bit, fedup of the ductape boot!

6. GrimR33per

GrimR33per Member

thats what i do when its on wheels...

Gonna say. Maybe your thread should be called project Bodge, lol... :wack:

Keep it up mate. Love seeing what peeps do to 13s:thumbs:

7. FreddieS

FreddieS Active Member

well there very similar, just like yours ive got some patches on the sills that a previous garage did and I now need to grind them back and blend them in!

Ive had the car over 3 months now... had it on the road for a few weeks tops :( hopefully next weekend i'll get it all done and back as my daily...

8. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

still got the cross spoked wheels?

9. FreddieS

FreddieS Active Member

But of course, taking up space in my garage!

10. reeperR32

reeperR32 Drift-Street-Imports

be good to see another local s-body rolling

11. FreddieS

FreddieS Active Member

Threw my coilovers on today and sorted the breather setup out, tried to fit my FMIC, but the dickheads sent me the wrong pipe kit (tis for a SR20 red-top :() so took the front bumper etc off for no reason :(

stage 2 ecu is now fitted aswell, so all thats left is sort the manifold blow, again :( and fit the HKS EVC-5!

me and my hombre laurence (the lanky one) working on it, had to grind a few bumper bolts down, rusty rounding off pieces of crap!

[​IMG]

rears all done, random picture lol

[​IMG]

FMIC on, did all ofthis to realise the inlet side pipings completely wrong, so need CA18 pipes!

[​IMG]

unfortuneatly it was dark when we were finished, but shes sitting alot nicer now!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. reeperR32

reeperR32 Drift-Street-Imports

looking good mate ;)

13. FreddieS

FreddieS Active Member

FreddieS's "wonder how long it'll last" S13 Project

Got a few odd bits and bobs done, another oil service (about 30 miles since the last, but I wanted to make 100% sure it was all good, and since I pay sweet FA for oil, filters and stuff I just do it when I feel like it) also fitted BCPR7ES's gapped to .8mm and it runs a fair bit better!

Also, while I was doing the turbo gaskets on wednesday (now replaced with everything genuine, inc new studs, nuts and locktabs) my girlfriend came up to stop me getting stressed out (when I work on the SX by myself up at the unit I get pissed off and normally give up!) and she stickerbombed the centre console bits, and the rear view wingmirror, personally I love it, but each to their own!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Things are going to be a bit calmer on this project now (not that it even got remotely exciting) as ive just put a holding deposit on a flat and moving out in march so got to stop spending quite so much on my cars :(

#13 FreddieS, Jan 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  14. FreddieS

FreddieS Active Member

FreddieS's "no one gives a fuck about it" S13 Project

Fitted my pre-facelift bumper and shiz today, imho, transformed the car

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fronts done, just need to sort out some sideskirts, rear spats and a bootlid

15. BVSX

BVSX Member

much much better with the zenki bumper :) like the car! it will have a spoiler or somthin'?

16. Papercutout

Papercutout Active Member

I'm liking the work mate! Looks clean and simple, nothing unnecessary, just the way we like it!

What've you done diff wise btw? Stock LSD, welder or 1.5/2 way?

17. FreddieS

FreddieS Active Member

Currently running the stock LSD, which sucks balls, going to pick an open diff up at the weekend and weld it up, stock LSD is way, way to unpredictable!

Picked up a rust free bootlid, a massive thanks to evojeepgal and also cheers to Polo for letting me borrow a few tools as I only have the S13 on the road at the moment so had to fit it up there!

Im not 100% sure as to wether to run a spoiler or not, going to fit the sideskirts ive got and then see what I want to do?!

Also to fit -

Cusco dash dodger cage
    Cusco front and rear strut braces
    +20mm fibreglass front wings
    HKS EVC5 (bought it months ago, collected it 2 weeks ago, still not had time to fit it, fuck im lazy)

18. pieface

pieface Go!Go!Auto

Keep up the hard work Freddie. Mine's just this second arrived back at the unit, so work sall commence soon.
    Good to see you still have the Metty, get some superlites on it :D

19. FreddieS

FreddieS Active Member

Cheers bud, yeah, still got the 'tro, fully rebuilt gearbox and engine sat in the garage just need to drop the engine onto the box and bolt the clutch up and it can go back in, and yeah, 13x7's will be ordered as soon as its got fresh MOT ;)

20. pieface

pieface Go!Go!Auto

S/C box? or standard helical?? Any mods for the metty?

Whats your plans engine-wise for this? I know you won't leave it with a CA. You going SR, RB, JZ, Rotary, or what?? I'm still undecided about what engine I'll stick in mine. Plans so far are just get the handling sorted, so suspension, rods, arms, bushes etc THEN get a new power source.