Alternator Rebuild kits

Thread in 'Parts for sale' started by superclarkey, Jan 20, 2011.

1. superclarkey

superclarkey DORITECH MOTORSPORT

I am buying in a fair few bearings to rebuild the stock SR20/RB Alternators, the front bearings are readly avalible in the uk, but the rear bearing is a special sized bearings with Nylon rings on the external race to help stop the grounding of the rotor shorting the life of the bearing, Nissan want £31+vat (£37.20) for this special bearing, but after alot of research i've found that the bearing is made by NTN and can be bought, only problem is i have to buy a large amount to be able to place an order for them.

Turst me no in the uk can get hold of them, EVEN NTN!! back order until December 2012 haha... Also due to the Nylon outter, the bearings can't be reused once you've stripped the alternator down.. I will also put a post up on "how to rebuild your alternator" too :)

I know that it would be cheaper to buy an Alternator second hand, but there will be people out there like me that take there old one apart for rebuild and clean them up for engine builds ect, so thought i was worth offering them out to you guys.

I will supply a front and rear bearing (Special one) for for £20 to driftworks members, i will be putting them on the ebay for a fair bit more, as i noticed on all the forums i went on people were searching for them with no luck and having to either pay alot of moeny to get it from nissan or getting a new alternator.

I have put aside 10sets for dw members, and the rest will go on ebay to get back my money for the outlay.

If your interested please drop your name down ect.

If this is no interest to you, please don't post :thumbs:;)

2. ArTo

ArTo Member

Is there any stock left?

3. mad.matt

mad.matt Well-Known Member

....7 Years ago.
    I'd be amazed.

• Funny Funny x 1